International Students Scholarship at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden: Here is to announce the commencement of scholarship application for international students wishing to enrol in a PhD programme in Political Science at the University of Gothenburg for the 2020 academic session. The research areas of specialization include elections, democracy, corruption, governance, globalisation, environmental politics and European studies. The Department of Political Science is currently looking for qualified and highly motivated individuals to apply for the doctoral programme in Political Science. The Scholarship seeks to enable the student acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be able to conduct research autonomously within Political Science and to contribute to the advancement of knowledge within the discipline through the production of a scholarly thesis.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Gothenburg
Scholarship to be taken at: Sweden
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Scholarship level: Doctoral (PhD)
Scholarship Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: PhD in Political Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students are eligible to apply
You may also like: Curtin University International Merit Scholarships 2020 in Australia
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the International Students Scholarship at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden, students must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have completed a Master’s Degree with excellent grades in the field of Political Science
- Applicants must know that the scholarships are competitive and will be awarded based on academic merit.
- Applicants who have acquired largely equivalent knowledge in Sweden or abroad will also be considered to meet the specific entry requirements.
- Although not a formal requirement, successful applicants are encouraged to acquire sufficient competency in the Swedish language to be able to actively participate in seminars and other activities at the Department within a two-year period.
- Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students at Queen Mary University of London, 2020
- 2020 International Freshman Scholarship to Study in America
Application Procedure for the International Students Scholarship at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Applicants are to apply electronically online by visiting the official application webpage and include the following in their application;
- An introductory letter of maximum of 1000-words consisting of four paragraphs to include, a short presentation of the applicant’s self; a short presentation of applicant’s merits; a short presentation of the intended research project and a short account for why the Department of Political Science and/or the doctoral studies programme is of interest to the applicant following the order listed above.
- Applicant’s CV including a list of publications (if applicable).
- A writing sample which could be a master’s thesis or another paper, article or book chapter. The text must be submitted in Swedish or English. Any translated versions must be accompanied by the original text and translated in their entirety.
- A description of the intended research project indicating the applicant’s research interests and planned focus area of his/her thesis and research. The project description must demonstrate familiarity with previous and current research as well as an ability to formulate scientific problems which will be maximum of 2500 words including abstract, excluding bibliography.
- Verified copies of academic transcripts and evidence of other relevant qualifications, if applicable.
- Applicants may also be asked to provide letters of recommendation later on in the application process.
Application Deadline: 4th February, 2020