University of Amsterdam European Research Council Scholarship, 2020: Applications are invited from candidates for the PhD scholarship in Political Science supported by the European Research Council in partnership with the University of Amsterdam. The scholarship will be awarded to candidates to carry out a project that uses a multi-method approach to examine within-country variation in party institutions, social support and election violence in India and Nigeria combining fieldwork interviews, quantitative data, survey experiments and surveys. The PhD candidate will be part of the Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research (AISSR) programme group Political Economy and Transnational Governance (PETGOV).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): European Research Council
Scholarship to be taken at: University of Amsterdam
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: Tuition Fees, upto €2,972 worth of allowance
Subject Eligibility: Political Science, other related discipline
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for Nigerian candidates
You may also like: International Students Scholarship at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the University of Amsterdam European Research Council Scholarship, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have obtained a master’s degree or its equivalent in political science or a closely related course. Degree must have been obtained before the commencement of the programme.
- Applicants are to possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Pidgin English and one additional Nigerian language.
- Applicants must have a good command with social science research methods including quantitative and/or qualitative methodology with expertise on Nigerian politics.
- Applicants are also to possess independent thinking and critical analytical skills and the ability to collaborate in a team.
- Chalmers University of Technology IPOET Postgraduates Scholarship 2020 in Sweden
- 2020 National Fellowship Program of the Jefferson Scholars Foundation
Application Procedure for the University of Amsterdam European Research Council Scholarship, 2020
Applicants are to submit the following documents as a single PDF document:
- A curriculum vitae;
- A two-page cover letter stating the applicant’s preparation and motivation to pursue the degree;
- An unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- Contact details of two academic references;
- A writing sample of maximum 10 pages which can be an excerpt from a longer written material
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2020