2020 Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme for Africans: Are you a young graduate? Do you reside in the region? Are you innovative and possess some leadership quality? If you have these…you may be qualified for this fellowship program; most prestigious of its kind in Africa. The Brenthurst Foundation is inviting applications from young graduates for the Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme, named in honour of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Brenthurst Foundation.
Program Location: South Africa.
Program Title: Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2020.
Program Type: Leadership Training and Graduate Fellowship Program.
Slots: Not Stated.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Africans.
About the Program (Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme 2020)
The fellowship will be available full-time for a minimum of six months and the selected candidate will be expected to take up the appointment in April 2019. The fellow may be from South Africa or farther afield. They will be based at the Brenthurst Foundation’s headquarters in Parktown, Johannesburg. Fellows will work directly with and assist the Foundation’s staff on a range of projects and activities, some of which will require foreign travel.
Eligibility Criteria and Basic Requirements: To participate, applicants should be/have the following requirements;
- Under 30 years of age
- A Masters level degree
- Excellent spoken and written English. African and other languages an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and reliable, a self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- Fluency in all basic IT skills
- Copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- A passion for Africa and a keen interest in new thinking and strategies to strengthen Africa’s economic performance.
- Broad knowledge of African politics and economics
- Familiarity with the work of the Brenthurst Foundation (please consult the website : www.thebrenthurstfoundtion.org)
Recommended For You: Fully-Funded Wadsworth African Fellowship Awards for African Scholars
Application Procedures for the 2020 Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme for Africans – How-to-Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates will need to send:
An up-to-date CV with referees’ details
A covering letter – no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and the skills you can bring to bear
A writing sample – this can be any piece of work, for example an essay or a published article, of any length.
The earliest date you would be able to start
Details of where you saw the post advertised.
Please address your application to Ms Leila Jack at email@example.com quoting ‘Machel-Mandela Fellow’ in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 31 December 2019.