MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2020: McGill University in Canada in collaboration with the MasterCard Foundation is pleased to announce open the application for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2020 at the university. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a fully funded scholarship program for the outstanding students of the Sub-Saharan African Countries who by themselves cannot afford university education at that level; aiming to foster the development of future leaders and entrepreneurs in the region.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): McGill University.
Scholarships to be taken at: McGill University, Canada.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Masters Study level
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded, value not stated.
Subject Eligibility: All Masters Courses tenable at McGill University.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students from sub-Saharan Africa.
English Language Requirement: Proof of English language proficiency may be required. See school admission requirement.
Eligibility Criteria and Basic Requirements:
To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Master’s Program at McGill, you must:
- Be admissible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University (see Program List below);
- Have never registered for /completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member from the department you wish to apply to (see Nomination Form);
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country (see List of Eligible Countries);
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Demonstrate that your financial status is in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
- Must be less than 35 years old at the time of application
Application Procedure for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2020 – How-to-Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates based on the eligibility criteria above are to follow steps to apply for the fully funded MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2020 at McGill University. Please read the application steps carefully.
Recommended Opportunities for You:
- Postgraduate Scholarships Awards at the University of Alberta (Fully Funded)
- Government of Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2020 for Students of Developing Nations
- Fully Funded Global Excellence Scholars Program at Clark University USA 2020
Step 1: Prospective applicants can find the full list of MCF eligible programs here: https://www.mcgill.ca/mastercardfdn-scholars/apply-program
Once a program of interest has been identified, the applicant must consult the departmental requirements as well as the standard graduate admission requirements,to verify that they are eligible to apply. Please note that meeting the minimum graduate admissions requirements does not guarantee nomination for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program or admission to McGill University.
Step 2: If the minimum requirements are met, the applicant may request nomination from the department via email. This request should have the following information enclosed:
-Curriculum Vitae (CV)
-Short Personal Statement (max. 350 words).
Step 3: The nomination made by the department acts as a verification step. If an applicant has been nominated, they will be prompted to create an account on the uApply portal and share the username with the nominating department.
The applicant MUST wait until they have been nominated before creatingan account in order for the application to be considered for the MCF scholarship.Please note that being nominated does not guarantee admission to McGill University.
Step 4: Once nominated (department must send the completed nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org),the applicant will be issued a fee waiver and should complete the admission application in uApply. They should upload the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application Form, sponsor letter and bank statement to the uApply checklist.
Step 5: The applicant should request their Referee complete the MCFSP Recommendation form and return the completed form by email email@example.com.
Step 6: Once all of the requested documents have been received,the department will review the application.-If the applicant is admitted to their program of study, their MCFSP application is pre-screened. Ifselected at the pre-screening stage,the application moves on to the MCFSP Selection Committee for review. -If the applicant isrefused admission, they are no longer eligible for the scholarship.
Step 7: Successful applicants will be notified in April 2020 if they have been selected for the 2020 Cohort of the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program at McGill University.
Application Deadline: Deadline for admission application submission depends on your chosen program’s deadline; while deadline to submit MCF Supporting Documents is January 31, 2020.