Internship positions are open to students of Africa supported by the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) for the 2019/2020 session. This program is aimed at recruiting african students enrolled in a postgraduate programme at the time of application for its internship. The UNECA was established with the mandate to promote the economic and social development of its member state, foster intra-regional integration and also promote international cooperation for the development of Africa.
Internship Sponsor(s): UNECA
Internship to be taken at: Any African Country
Internship Type: Temporary
Internship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
Subject Eligibility: Resource Mobilization, Social Science, Economics
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Graduate students from any African Country
Language Eligibility: English and French are the working languages. Fluency in English or French is required.
You may also apply for:Internship Opportunity – Digital Nation Africa Intern at IBM, 2019
Internship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Applicants are to ensure that they meet the following criteria before applying.
- Applicants must fulfill one of the following criteria to qualify. (a) Applicant must be enrolled in a graduate school programme; (b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first degree programme (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent as minimum); or (c) Applicant have graduated with a university degree (as stated above) and if selected, must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- Applicant must be computer literate in basic or standard software applications.
- Applicant must show interest in the activities of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Applicants must show the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural and belief background. This means that the applicant must be willing to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Recommended Post(s): Etisalat Summer Internship Program for Students and Young Professionals 2019
Application Procedure for the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa Internships, 2019/2020
- A completed online application including Cover Note and Personal History Profile is required from all applicant. Incomplete applications shall not be considered.
- Applicants are to ensure that in their Personal History Profile, that they include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
- Applicants are to note that due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
The Cover Note must include:
- Degree programme (what you are currently studying).
- Date of graduation (envisaged date of graduation or when you graduated from the programme).
- List IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- List top interest areas
- Explain why you are the best candidate for the internship.
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
Visit: Official internship Link
Application Deadline: 30th December, 2019