Internship Opportunity – Digital Nation Africa Intern at IBM, 2019: A major player in the ICT and consulting services, IBM is calling for applications from suitable and qualified candidates to fill the position of a Digital-Nation Africa Intern. The program is to be hosted in Lagos Nigeria and seeks to boost the skills of young enthusiasts who have interest in working in the IBM business environment.
Program Type: Full-Time Internship program
Title: Digital – Nation Africa Intern
Company: International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
Internship duration: Not specified
Program Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Slots: Not Stated
Req ID: 254959BR
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. Being the largest technology and consulting firm in the world, it currently engages more than 400,000 employees and has clients in about 170 countries across the globe. IBM is known for offering a wide range of services as a technology and consulting giant; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, software development, predictive analytics and systems management. It is also known for its efforts in the manufacture of the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
At IBM, work is not just seen as a vocation – it’s a calling: To construct. To plan. To code and even consult. To think alongside customers and sell. To make markets. To develop. To team up. To improve, however to endeavor things you’ve never thought conceivable. To lead in this new time of innovation and technological advancement. It’s about playing a role in bringing solutions some of the world’s most challenging problems
Role and Responsibilities of the Digital-Nation Africa Intern:
IBM Digital-Nation Africa is a cloud-based learning and innovation platform, providing digital competency and nurturing innovation. IBM Digital-Nation Africa curriculum content is designed for the following audiences:
- Innovator: Designed to help accelerate innovation and enable would-be innovators to bring their ideas to life
- New Collar: For those who want to align their skills to the requirements of the job market and seek better employment opportunities
- Explorer: People keen on learning about the new emerging technologies
What the Digital-Nation Africa Intern will you do:
- The interns will be required to present IBM Digital-Nation Africa to large number of audiences with ease and confidence, be enthusiastic and outgoing.
- IBM Digital-Nation Africa interns will be required to promote the program to youth in African in universities, communities, colleges and schools.
Recommended Opportunity: Etisalat Summer Internship Program for Students and Young Professionals 2019
Professional and Technical Expertise Required for the IBM Digital-Nation Africa Internship Program:
As a Digital-Nation Africa Intern at IBM, you will be required to demonstrate the following professional and technical expertise;
- Individuals who are familiar with D-NA. Have digital badges from D-NA. digitalnationafrica.com
- Individuals with demonstrable interest in technology, technically competent
- Familiar with and active on social media
- Can express themselves confidently in writing and verbally in both Kiswahili, English and can have a conversation in Sheng if required.
- Willing to bring creative ideas to promote D-NA usage.
- Uphold IBM values.
- Enthusiastic, with lots of energy, willing to travel within and outside the country
- Working odd hours
Application Procedures for the Digital-Nation Africa Internship Program at IBM – How-to-Apply:
Applicants for the internship program should make use the link provided and proceed to apply for a place online.