United Nations Graduate Study Programme for Young Graduates, 2020: Application is ongoing for the United Nations Information Service’s Graduate Study Programme for young graduates for the 2020 cycle to be held in Geneva, Switzerland from the 29th June, 2020 to 10th July, 2020. The programme provides an opportunity for participating individuals to deepen their knowledge of the United Nation’s System and the International Geneva in a series of first-hand observations, lectures and study. The programme is part of the educational outreach programme of the united Nations aimed at providing opportunities for outstanding graduate and postgraduate students the world over to deeply understand the principles, purposes and activities of the United Nations and related agencies as well as the International Geneva as a whole.
Programme Sponsor(s): United Nations
Programme to be taken at: Geneva, Switzerland
Programme Type: Seminar
Programme level: Graduate and postgraduate
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The programme is targeted at outstanding international graduate and postgraduate students.
You may also like: The United Nations Economic Commision for Africa Interships, 2019/2020
Programme Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for United Nations Graduate Study Programme for Young Graduates, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be outstanding international graduate and postgraduate students within the age of 22 and 32 years as at the time of application.
- Applicants must possess fluency in English and French as they will be the language of communication during the seminar.
- Once selected, candidates will be required ahead of time to provide a medical certificate attesting to good health and a proof of medical insurance coverage in Switzerland at the time of the Graduate Study programme.
- Candidates will receive notification by the Selection Committee by mid-April 2020 of their selection status.
- The participants in the Graduate Study Programme are selected by a Selection Committee composed of officials of the United Nations Office at Geneva with various backgrounds and professional experiences. The Selection Committee is guided by the following criteria:
- Academic background
- Extracurricular activities
- Geographical balance
- Gender balance
- Knowledge of the two working languages of the Programme (English and French)
- Usefulness of the Programme for the career of the applicant.
- Junior Fellows Internship Programme 2020 at United Nations University in Japan
- International joint MSc Scholarship programme 2020 (Fully-Funded to Study in Germany)
Application Procedure for the United Nations Graduate Study Programme for Young Graduates, 2020
Applicants interested in the 2020 Graduate Study Programme must submit their application online before the application deadline as late application will not be considered.
The application form is to be filled online, accompanied by a copy of the applicant’s passport, a letter of recommendation (in English or French only) from a university or governmental authority, proof of current enrolment (at the time of application) in a Master’s degree programme or a postgraduate degree programme (or equivalent), and university certificates obtained.
Application Deadline: 2nd March, 2020