Studying in the United States of America will be a very great experience and it’s the dream of every international student. The reason is not far-fetched; you will surely get a degree respected all around the world in addition to enjoying the state-of-the art study facilities and humorous cultures and people. However, the major drawback for so many international students is usually lack of finance.
In this article we have compiled a list of top 10 United States Universities offering fully funded admission. Amazingly, it also possible to apply to these schools and their scholarship programs without the usual IELTS/TOEFL requirements.
What you Should Know about Studying in United States
- Tuition fees for international students range from as little as $5,000 to as high as $50,000 per annum.
- Cost of living in the USA is comparably fair with typical values such as: Internet/phone ($35 – 60); Food ($17 – 42); Rent ($104 – 208); Electricity/gas ($50 – 100); and Transport (about $36) in average.
- There are over a million scholarships awarded yearly to international students studying in the United States which runs into billions of dollars in scholarship amount. According to stats, the U.S. Department of Education alone awards an estimated $46 billion in scholarship money annually.
- American universities/government award fully funded scholarships for reasons such as to promote diplomatic ties with the student’s home countries or to attract the best brains to the States.
- Students from any nationality can get fully funded scholarships to study in the United States.
- The United States is particularly very welcoming and supportive to international students. Its diverse cultures and vibrant campuses give a taste of experience that every international student will want to have.
Having said these, lets go on to looking at the much popular schools you can apply and be offered a fully funded admission, even without the most dreaded English Language requirement. NB: To get a waiver for IELTS, you will always be asked to provide some proof(s) of the language proficiency. Refer to our post on how to Apply For These United States Scholarships Without IELTS and also refer to Top Universities in USA to Apply without IELTS.
United States Universities Offering Fully Funded Admission
Most of these schools have dedicated scholarship programs which are awarded at the point of admission and can cover full cost of the student’s programme throughout the study duration, so long as the student meets certain eligibility conditions. The schools are;
University of Chicago
The University of Chicago shows its willingness to help intending students having leadership qualities with fully funded scholarships. There is no special field of study for this scholarship. The stamps scholarship which is offered by this University provides its recipients with tuition costs, accommodation and $10,000. [Useful Link]
Yale is anoher great University in the United States that offers Fully funded Admission opportunities to international students from various countries. Yale offers Scholarships worth Over $50,000 to recipients as financial aid. [Useful Link]
Duke University offers the Robertson Scholars leadership program with the major aim of investing in leaders that will make contributions leading to societal transformation. The recipients of this scholarship will receive their full Tuition, room and boarding fees. [this link].
In the Barry University, international students are offered funds over a four-year period to support their academics. When you gain admission to this University under this program, you will be given full cost for tuition, accommodation, transportation, books, etc and the sum of $6000. [Useful Link]
Amherst College helps international students who are qualified for admission but do not have adequate finaces to pay for tuition and other expenses. The financial need of the applicant is evaluated immediately the student is accepted to study at Amherst College and a financial aid which is equal to 100% of the student‘s need will be offered. [Useful Link].
California Institute of Technology
The California institute of Technology also offers funding and admission to students who demonstrate leadership qualities. This fully funded admission will include the following benefits,
- Four years of Tuition fees
- Payment for recipients room and board
- Added stipend.
The Global Scholars initiative is a program that is hosted and sponsored by the Clark University in the United States. This funding opportunity is given to students that have demonstrated some outstanding leadership qualities. It is a fully funded admission program, covering all undergraduate education costs for international students willing to pursue undergraduate courses in Clark University. [Useful Link].
The Harvard University is another institution that supports both Undergraduate, and graduate students with fully funded opportunities to study in the University. There are a wide range of scholarships in this University covering various costs like tuition fees, traveling costs, accommodation. [Useful Link]
Boise State University
The Boise State University offers a lot of fully funded admission opportunities to both international and local students of the United States of America. The actual award amount granted by this Universities vary based on different criteria like available funds, eligibility of the applicant, and so on. [Useful Link]
East Tennessee State University
The University of East Tennessee offers fully funded opportunities to international students based on merits. It offers opportunities to both new and graduate students. The grant given by this institution covers Tuition fees, and maintenance fees. [Useful Link].
Also Check: Top 10 Canadian Universities Offering Fully-Funded Admission [without IELTS]
Benefits of Studying with Fully Funded Admission in USA
Most of the institutions offering fully funded admission opportunities or fully funded scholarships in the United States offer the following benefits;
- Fully paid tuition fees
- Health insurance for its recipients
- Visa costs
- Living costs
- Textbooks fully paid for
- A brand new computer
- Free Airfare return tickets.
These are the major benefits contained in fully funded admission offered by some Universities in the United States.
How to Get Fully Funded Admission in the United States
Generally, getting fully funded assistance to study in the United States might not easy. But with the right approach to things it can quite as easy as anything. We recommend that you apply these tips in your drive to getting fully funded admission in the United States.
- Be on the lookout for scholarships awarded by the U.S. Government
- Seek support from your home country and look out for bilateral arrangements between US institutions and companies or the government of your country.
- Apply for as many scholarships and financial aid offered by your choice U.S University.
- Be on the lookout for funding programs supported by international organizations and philanthropic foundations like the United National, World Health Organization, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Soros foundation, etc.
If you have read to this point, then you most likely the next to be awarded a fully funded admission to a US university. Start applying now.