International Climate Protection Fellowship in Germany 2020: Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified and eligible individuals for the International Climate Protection Fellowship 2020 to be taken in Germany. The fellowship which comes with several benefits is put together for young leaders from developing countries and funded by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation with support from the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety. To apply for the International Climate Protection Fellowship in Germany 2020, you should read through the detailed eligibility criteria and apply before deadline.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Fellowship to be taken at: Germany.
Fellowship Type: Fully funded.
Age of Participation: For people of youthful age
Scholarship Worth: Fellows will receive between €2,170 and €2,670 monthly stipends plus other benefits.
Subject Eligibility: Professional disciplines in the field of climate protection and conservation; scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Students and young leaders from developing countries.
English Language Requirement: Fellows will be subjected to few weeks of learning German language.
About the Fellowship:
The International Climate Protection Fellowships, facilitated by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, enables prospective leaders in academia and industry to implement a research-based proposal in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation during a one-year stay in Germany. Up to 20 International Climate Protection Fellowships are granted annually, funded under the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety’s (BMU) International Climate Initiative. The fellowships target prospective leaders from non-European transition and developing countries. Candidates draw up their own research-based proposal which they then implement in collaboration with a host in Germany. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation runs the programme in cooperation with the Federation of German Industry (BDI), the Centre for International Postgraduate Studies in Environmental Management (CIPSEM) at TU Dresden, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt (DBU), the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the Renewables Academy AG (RENAC).
Basic Eligibility and Selection Requirements: To be apply for the International Climate Protection Fellowship, it is expected that applicants;
- Have a first university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), completed less than 12 years previously, counting back from the end of the application period (1 March 2019)
- are a future leader from a non-European transition or developing country (see list of countries)
- are active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change
- are interested in spending a year working with a host of your choice in Germany on a research-based project you have developed yourself in the field of climate protection and climate-related resource conservation
You can see detailed eligibility and application requirements by downloading the PDF document
- Wellcome International Training Fellowships for Postgraduate Scholars
- Apply for the David Bohnett Public Service Fellowship at New York University
- Fully Funded Smithsonian Institution Graduate Fellowship Program 2020 in USA
Fellowship Benefits: Participants of the International Climate Protection Fellowship in Germany 2020 will get;
- a monthly fellowship of between €2,170 and €2,670, depending on your qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a three-week introductory phase, during which you will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
Application Procedures for the International Climate Protection Fellowship in Germany 2020 – How-to-Apply:
Interested and eligible persons should;
Application Deadline: 1 March, 2020.
Also SIGN UP to follow up on this opportunity and get new updates in your inbox you can. you can only be sure of enrolment when you log into your email and confirm signup.