Application for the David Bohnett Public Service Fellowship at New York University, United States of America is ongoing. The fellowship sponsored by the David Bohnett Foundation aims at allowing exceptional masters students to have the chance of engaging and understanding the challenges of governance at the city level. The David Bohnett Fellowship Program provides a full tuition scholarship, $5,000 stipend in the summer and an internship position for MPA or MUP students annually.
The fellowship also allows the Fellows to link with mayors across the country and other Bohnett Fellows from different schools. Fellows are also involved in a summer internship at the NYC government. The opportunity is for students who are involved in governance in their respective countries of origin and also students who are interested in taking up public service positions.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Bohnett Foundation
Fellowship Type: Full
Fellowship level: Masters (Postgraduate)
Fellowship Worth: Full Scholarship and $5,000 summer stipend
Subject Eligibility: Students in Public service related course
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for International students
You can also apply for this: Hong Kong Postgraduate Fellowship Award Scheme 2020/2021 for International Students
Fellowship Selection and Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should be students with exceptional academic qualities.
- An explicit interest in working for municipal governments to solve our most urgent social issue.
- Applicants are to be highly articulate in both speaking and writing.
Application Procedure for the David Bohnett Public Service Fellowship at New York University
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2020. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in order to be considered for fellowship. Applications are due by the December 2 deadline.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews in early-to-mid February 2020.
- Those selected as fellowship finalists will be invited for an in-person interview with the Selection Committee in New York City in late March 2020. Those finalists who cannot travel to New York will be able to interview via Skype. This panel of judges will be comprised of representatives from sponsoring organizations, faculty and NYU Wagner alumni.
Scholarship Deadline: 2nd December, 2019