The Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship 2024 is open for application from interested scholars of African background to take advantage of the opportunity to be trained and equipped for future endeavours. The Fellowship is a program for educational projects at African higher education institutions.
Applications for the fellowship must meet the minimum requirement for the award of the fellowship. Potential opportunities to apply for supplemental funding to cover knowledge production activities and workshop attendance will also be available.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Host Institution(s): Participating institutions in Africa
- Fellowship Type: Fully Funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study level: Pre-doctoral
- Nationality: African-born students
Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship 2024 |Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for the CADFP, the applicant must:
- Have been born in any African country, as shown by the biographical data in the applicant’s passport.
- Applicant must hold a terminal degree with good grades.
- Be employed at an accredited college or University.
- Applicant must be willing to be enrolled in the fellowship which is to be held at the United States of America.
- Applicant must show great leadership potential as evidenced in their community engagement.
- Applicants are to submit as part of their application, personal statements and information about their academic qualifications, disciplinary expertise and administrative experience.
- Applicants are to submit a letter of recommendation from a Dean or from an administrator of equal or higher level from the scholar’s current institution.
African Diaspora Fellows receive the following:
- A $150/day stipend
- Visa costs (if required)
- Supplemental health insurance coverage
- Round-trip international air travel and ground transportation costs to and from the scholar’s home to the North American airport
- Potential opportunities to apply for supplemental funding to cover knowledge production activities and workshop attendance.
How-to-apply: Interested applicants for the Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship 2024 are to note that all applications are completed online and they should upload copies of relevant certificates and other supporting documents to the application platform before the scholarship application deadline.
Application Deadline: March 4, 2024