EDCTP-AREF sub-Saharan Africa Research Fellowships 2019/2020: The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) with Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for their 2019/2020 fellowship program for sub-Saharan African researchers. You can go through the details and see eligibility conditions to begin application.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) and Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF).
Scholarship to be taken at: Home organization/institution.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Awards.
Scholarship level: Post-doctorial research level
Slots: Number of fellowship to be awarded this year is 6.
Scholarship Worth: The research funding may be up to but may not exceed €400,000
Subject Eligibility: All areas of scientific research.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Fellows must be from Sub-Saharan Africa
English Language Requirement: Not necessary, but the applications are accepted in English
About the Fellowship Program:
Many Researchers in Africa who are aspiring for growth come up short on the mentorship, scholarly test and thoroughness that well-funded organizations established in the North can offer to their postdoctoral scientists in their early career. Africa represents 15-20% of the total populace of the world and an excessively enormous portion of ailment load, yet research discoveries by African scientists represent under 2% of the all out scholarly diary yield. The challenge is along these lines to empower African specialists to improve their intensity for global subsidizing openings right off the bat in their vocations while holding them in Africa, dealing with Africa’s wellbeing difficulties and needs.
The motivation behind the EDCTP-AREF Preparatory Fellowships is to improve the aggressiveness of best in class post-doctoral and upcoming African researchers and clinicians seeking to win worldwide/local/national fellowships or award support, for example, the EDCTP Career Development Fellowships, through transient arrangements at a host institution in any of the EU Members States, in nations related to Horizon 2020 or in Sub-Saharan Africa which to be contracted by the host institution to the individual fellow.
- PhD Fellowships at King’s College London for International Students, 2019
- University of Cambridge Partnered Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellowship Program 2019
Fellowship Eligibility Criteria:
- Any organisation/institution with an established legal entity in sub-Saharan Africa (the applicant legal entity) can apply – The Applicant
- The fellow which whose application will be recognized through the applicant must be employed or have guaranteed employment by the applicant legal entity (the home organisation) where they intend to remain working for a minimum of two years after the expiration of the grant.
To be qualified as a fellow, he/she must;
- be a post-doctoral scientist;
- have been awarded their doctorate within 3 years before submission deadline of the AREF-EDCTP Preparatory Fellowship application;
- have been either a PhD student or MD, and have been active researchers for up to three years following award of their doctorate;
- be resident of or be willing to relocate to a sub-Saharan African country;
- not have been funded under this fellowship scheme before.
- The requested EDCTP contribution per action shall not exceed €70, 000
- Placements sought shall be for a period of at least 3 and up to 9 months, following which there will be a re-integration period of up to 3 months. The maximum fellowship duration shall be 12 months.
Successful applicants must use the funding for a 3 to 9 months placement at a host organisation legally established in an EU Member State, a country associated to Horizon 2020 or in a Sub-Saharan African country which will be contracted by the home organisation to host the fellow. The fellow will spend a re-entry period of up to 3-months at their home organisation, making a total training period of up to 12 months.
Application Procedures for the EDCTP-AREF sub-Saharan Africa Research Fellowships 2019/2020 for Young Researchers – How-to-Apply:
All applications for the EDCTP-AREF Fellowship grants must be done online through the link provided. You may need to go through the eligibility details at the program official webpage before you begin your application. All applications are equally review for equal opportunity and eligible applicants shall be contacted as appropriate.
Visit: Official Application Webpage