Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellowship Program 2019: Application is now open for interested persons to apply for the Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellowship Program 2019. The Fellowship program is open to qualified individuals across the globe with research interest in Sustainable Development.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Prince of Wales partnering University of Cambridge.
Scholarship Type: Completely sponsored research Fellowship
Scholarship level: Scholarship for Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Research
Slots: Not Stated
Scholarship Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Scholarships are for research in Sustainable Development
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Global eligibility
English Language Requirement: Not Applicable.
The Programme aims to foster new cross-disciplinary thinking on sustainability, leading to practical insights, tools and recommendations for decision-makers to carry into their organisations alongside important advances in fundamental knowledge. From 2020 the Programme will be based at CISL’s new premises; a low carbon retrofitted building in the centre of Cambridge, which will serve as a vibrant, collaborative atmosphere for transdisciplinary research, education and industry and policy engagement.
Working in close association with academic departments and Cambridge colleges, the Programme will attract outstanding candidates to undertake transdisciplinary research into themes such as health, social inclusion, industrial transformation, natural capital, sustainable finance, future cities and leadership for sustainability.
People Also Apply For: President’s PhD Scholarships 2019/2020 at University of Manchester
Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellowship Programme Themes.
The Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellowship Program 2019 is currently funded to support research on the following themes:
- Industrial transformation: How will industries, jobs and markets evolve in future decades in response to global challenges, and how should public policy act with business to smooth this path and ensure economic development is inclusive and sustainable?
- Social inclusion: How can companies support more equitable access to income, opportunity and livelihoods at a grassroots level?
- Health: How can companies become agents of improved wellbeing in low-income countries through preventing the causes of ill-health?
- Leadership: How can companies shape the economy to deliver positive sustainability outcomes, while at the same time ensuring successful and resilient organisations?
Program Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for the Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellowship Program 2019 must be committed to the values that underpin CISL’s work and, our Fellows will be expected to have the following attributes:
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant area;
- Sufficient breadth and depth of specialist knowledge to design and execute research of a high standard;
- The skills and experience to work independently and manage own workload with limited oversight, while also seeking to foster fruitful collaborations;
- The ability to continually update knowledge in the specialist area and engage in continuous professional development;
- Sufficient project management skills and experience to oversee a substantial research project, including financial management, establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, reporting and overseeing more junior staff, as required;
- Significant experience, results, and recognition in cutting-edge research;
- The creativity and initiative to develop a new project and the intellectual energy and independent thinking necessary to deliver the research;
- Strong publication record in major international journals, including first-author publication in a relevant area;
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to discuss and present research findings orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of primary data collection, data management and cleaning and of designing and running quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Clear enthusiasm for engaging flexibly and responsively to opportunities for impact.
Also Apply for: Apply for Engineering Foundation PhD Scholarships in Nigeria
Application Procedures for the Prince of Wales Global Sustainability Fellowship Program 2019
This exciting new Programme offers Fellows the opportunity to develop and lead research projects of relevance to one of the defined topics. Fellows may have the opportunity to enhance their impact by teaching on CISL’s executive and graduate programmes, and/or supervising students studying for the Master’s in Sustainability Leadership and other CISL graduate programmes.
Candidates are to upload the following documents to the University’s Web Recruitment System:
- Cover letter
- Full CV
- Completed research proposal template.
- Proof of institutional support (only applicable if you are applying for a secondment).
The first round of Fellowships is now open for applications with a second round following in September 2019.
Application Deadline: 27 May 2019.