Students with excellent academic credentials wishing to take their academic career to a new level are to apply for the PhD Fellowships at King’s College, London in partnership with Boehringer Ingelheim. The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds awards fellowships to exceptional PhD scholars who wish to take on an ambitious PhD project of not less than 3 years in basic biomedical research in a world-class laboratory. King’s College, London is a world-class institution of higher learning dedicated to the advancement of learning, knowledge and understanding in the service of society. The Institution was founded in 1828-9 by a group of on individuals with the foresight of establishing an institution of learning that will help solve the challenges of the society. King’s College was granted a royal charter by King George IV on August 14th, 1829.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds
Scholarship to be taken at: King’s College, London
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees, Monthly stipend
Subject Eligibility: Biophysics, Biomedical research, Biomedical and health sciences, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for international students at King’s College, London.
English Language Eligibility: Not stated
You may also apply for: Rotary Foundation 2019 International Scholarship Awards for Development
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Applicants are to ensure that they meet the following criteria before applying.
- The applicants must submit their academic achievements up to date. This should include the grades, certificates and curriculum vitae.
- The proposed PhD project must be original, innovative and of sound scientific quality.
- The applicant must also give the scientific quality of the laboratory to which the project will be performed.
- The peer-review process of the selection process is highly competitive. Applicants are advised to ensure that the above mentioned criteria are outstanding.
Application Procedure for The PhD Fellowships at King’s College, London for International Students, 2019
- The online application can be done using the online application platform.
- Preselection takes place four (4) weeks from the application deadline, and the final application selection about five (5) months after the respective deadline.
Recommended Post (s):
- International Students Merit Awards 2019/2020 at Swinburne University, Australia
- University Of Newcastle Science Scholarships for International Students, 2019
Other important notice
The PhD fellowship comprises a competitive monthly stipend which will e given initially for the first two (2) years and which may be extended for another 12 months. The fellowship also supports participation at international scientific conferences. Also, holders of the fellowship awards are given personal support, seminars to discuss their projects, communication training and alumni meetings.
Visit: Scholarship Link
Application Deadline: 1st October, 2019