Next Einstein Forum Country Ambassadors for Africans 2019: Application for the Next Einstein Forum (NEF) Country Ambassadors Scheme for the year 2019 is ongoing. The NEF is working to ensure that Africa emerges as a global centre for scientific and technological advancement. The Next Einstein Forum aims at connecting science, policy and the society in Africa with the rest of the world. The goal of this connection is to leverage science and human development globally. The NEF Ambassadors are young science and technology champions all under 42 years from all countries of Africa will help in driving the NEF’s local public engagement activities as well as grow their own careers through the various partnerships of NEF that offers mentorship as well as collaboration with other scientist.
Programme Sponsor(s): Next Einstein Forum (NEF)
Programme Type: Ambassador
Programme level: Postgraduate
Programme Worth: Not stated
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Programme is for all Africans
Apply for This Also: EDCTP-AREF sub-Saharan Africa Research Fellowships 2019/2020 for Young Researchers
Programme Eligibility and Basic Requirements:
- Applicants must a resident or citizen of Africa
- Applicants must not be above 42 years as at 31st December, 2019
- Applicants must possess advanced studies or professional certificates, personal projects, demonstrated entrepreneurial achievements. A PhD is not required for this application.
- Applicants from fields of Science, including basic sciences, STEM, health and social science are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must show demonstrated passion for raising Africa’s profile in science and/ or social science.
- Applicants must have an active profile in the community of work/study and/or online including social media
- Applicants must be able to communicate in English or French.
- NVIDIA Funded International Postgraduate Research Fellowship Program 2020/2021 ($USD 50,000 funding)
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation – AfDB Collaboration Leadership Fellowship Program 2019/2020
Application Procedure for the Next Einstein Forum Country Ambassadors for Africans 2019
Criteria for Selection: The criteria for the selection of applicants for the NEF programme includes:
- At least 40% of selected NEF Ambassadors will be women
- At most one NEF Ambassador will be selected from each African country.
- Twenty percent (20%) advanced studies or professional certificates, personal projects, demonstrated entrepreneurial achievements and similar – a PhD is not needed for this application.
- Applicants must possess outstanding academic qualifications which will be measured using standards of the academic discipline. These will include:
- Record of academic publication
- Prizes and other awards such as distinguished fellowships or prestigious academic circles membership
- Number of patents
- The type and number of invited talks at international conferences.
- Twenty percent (20%) Demonstrated passion for promoting the sciences, including science, technology, engineering, mathematics or social sciences in Africa.
- Twenty percent (20%) outstanding writing and keen critical thinking capabilities, and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and the ability to clearly communicate to an audience in English or French.
- Thirty percent (30%) An Applicant must have an active presence either on one of the social media channels or in a reputable organization in your community. This criteria involves having a strong audience and consistent engagement with applicant’s followers.
- Ten percent (10%) other distinctive characteristics.
Application Deadline: September 15th, 2019