Chevening Postgraduate Scholarships Scheme in UK 2020/2021: Applications are currently being received for the UK Government sponsored fully funded Chevening Scholarship for Masters Students from selected eligible-Chevening countries. The scholarship covers full tuition and all study related expenses for a one-year masters degree studies in any UK university. See full description and eligibility criteria to be able to apply for this once in a year opportunity.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Government.
Scholarships to be taken at: Any designated university in UK.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Masters Degree Study level
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fee + Monthly Stipends for upkeep + Travel Fare to and fro + Visa cost + other benefits
Subject Eligibility: MBA/Masters study courses
Country/Candidate Eligibility: You may refer to the scholarship official webpage for Chevening-eligible countries
English Language Requirement: A proof of English Language proficiency may be required from students of non-English speaking countries.
Scholarship Eligibility and Basic Requirements:
The eligibility conditions set down for the Chevening Scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Applicants must be willing to return to his/her country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Applicants must have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Applicants must have at least two years of work experience.
- Applicants must have applied to three different eligible UK university coursesand have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2020.
- Applicants must meet the Chevening English language requirementby 16 July 2020.
You must ensure that you meet the minimum work-experience requirement for the scholarship before submitting your Chevening application. Chevening Scholarships require that applicants have at least two years of work experience.
If you do not already have the required level of work experience, you will be unable to submit your application.
Eligible types of work experience
The types of work experience that are eligible for Chevening can include:
- Full-time employment
- Part-time employment
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships
Work experience can be completed before, during, or after graduating from your undergraduate studies, however, any mandatory employment that counted towards your undergraduate or postgraduate course would not be eligible.
- Koftech Scholarships Award for Africans to Study in South Africa
- Academic Excellence 2019 Scholarship at University of Technology Sydney
- University of Adelaide Academic Excellence Scholarships, 2019/2020 [Updated]
Chevening Scholarship Value and Benefits:
- a) A full Chevening Scholarship normally comprises:
- Payment of tuition fees (see point 1.2.a in relation to MBA fee caps).
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only.
- An arrival allowance.
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only.
- A departure allowance.
- A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing, where this is required.
- A travel top-up allowance.
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside of London. These rates are subject to annual review. Stipend payments will be made to you on or around the 21st of the month for the following full month. Where you arrive in the UK or leave the UK partway through the month, the stipend for that month will be adjusted as appropriate.
Application Procedures for the Chevening Postgraduate Scholarships Scheme in UK 2020/2021 International Students – How-to-Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can begin their application online through the link provided. Also for timeline and further information on Chevening Scholarship you should visit the official scholarship page.
To stay updated and not to miss any useful scholarship tips you should SIGN UP for our updates by email or subscribe through the sign-up form. Remember to login to your email and confirm signup.
Visit: Official Scholarship Webpage
Application Deadline: 5 November 2019 (12:00 GMT)