2020 MIASA Fellowships for African Scholars at University of Ghana: Applications for the 2020 Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA) fellowship programme for African scholars is open to eligible and qualified applicants who are scholars in an African University. The Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa is broadly dedicated to research in the Humanities and Social Sciences with Sustainable Governance. The aim of MIASA include working to reduce global asymmetries in knowledge production and bridging the cultural divide between Anglophone and francophone Africa. The Institute offers time and space for supporting innovative academic projects in the Humanities and Social Sciences of top international quality.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa
Fellowship to be taken at: University of Ghana, Africa
Fellowship Type: Full Funding
Fellowship level: Early Career and Experienced
Fellowship Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Humanities and Social Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for African Scholars.
You may also like:2020 Yale Young African Scholars Programme at the United States
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the 2020 MIASA Fellowships for African Scholars at University of Ghana, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for the fellowship must be nationals of an African country and residents in an African country. Applicants who are based in or studying outside Africa will not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must be early career researchers and senior researchers from around the globe in relevant discipline of the Humanities.
- Applicants for the junior fellowship must have obtained their PhD on or before March 31st, 2020.
- Applicants for the senior fellowship who completed their PhD on 31st March, 2014 or earlier can apply for a senior fellowship.
- Applicants are to note that selection is strictly by academic merit and they are therefore advised to send in proposal that will address the needs and challenges in the society.
- Applicants can prepare and submit their applications are other supporting documents in English or French Languages.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship at New York University for African Scholars, 2020
- 2020 German Academic Scholarships for MSc and PhD Studies at University of Ghana
Application Procedure for the 2020 MIASA Fellowships for African Scholars at University of Ghana
Applicants are to apply for the fellowship online by visiting the official webpage of the application.
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2020