Post-Doctoral Fellowship at New York University for African Scholars, 2020: Applications are hereby requested for a CSAAD Research Fellowship for scholars who are living in Africa and the Diaspora (outside of North America and Europe) who have finished their doctoral studies (PhD) within the last four years. The Center for the Study of Africa and the African Diaspora (CSAAD) has as its mission to advance cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research on both Africa and its diaspora in ways that bring that scholarship into sustained conversation. The fellowship will be taken at New York University and is opened to scholars in all fields of academic endeavours. However, the research must have as its focus, areas related to Africa or its Diaspora.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): CSAAD
Fellowship to be taken at: New York University
Fellowship Type: Full Fellowship
Fellowship Duration: Not stated
Fellowship level: Post Doctoral
Fellowship Worth: $30,000 per semester as stipend, studio apartment, airfare.
Subject Eligibility: All fields of academic discipline
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for African scholars.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Eligible applicants should must have obtained their PhD degree within the last four years
- Applicants must show evidence of educational distinction, a great research record, and must be able to perform research independently.
- Applicants from Africa are eligible to apply.
- President’s PhD Scholarships 2019/2020 at University of Manchester
- Merit-Based International Student Scholarships at University of Alabama, USA
- Call for Application: York Science Scholars Award 2020/2021 in Canada
Application Procedure for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship at New York University for African Scholars, 2020/2021
- Applicants should submit a comprehensive research proposal outlining major activities to be carried out during the fellowship period
- Applicants are to submit a comprehensive copy of their CV and letters from their referees.
- All applications are done online.
- Applicants must ensure that they send in their application before the fellowship deadline.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2020