2020 European Development Days Programme for Young Leaders: The European Commission is pleased to announce the opening of the European Development Day (EDD) Programme application for international participants. The EDD is saddled with the duty of bringing development communities together each year to share ideas and experiences in ways that inspire new partnerships and innovations to the world’s most pressing challenges. The European Commission is inviting young people all over the world to play an active role in the 2020 European Development Day.
Programme Sponsor(s): European Commission
Programme to be taken at: Brussels
Programme Type: Young Leaders
Programme Worth: Fully funded
Subject Eligibility: Environment, Biodiversity Preservation and Climate Change
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Young leaders all over the world
You may also like: 2020 EDESIA Science Scholarships at University of East Anglia, UK
Programme Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the 2020 European Development Days Programme for International Participants, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for the EDD are to be leaders at their local, regional or national level who are interested in learning and sharing their vision of the future with other influential sustainable development actors.
- Applicants are to be young leaders between the age of 21-26 representing a group of young persons and not speak in their names alone.
- Applicants must candidates with proven leadership in projects, organisations, initiatives and who are able to represent their generation at the forum.
- Applicants are to include a one-page reference letter from someone who can confirm your involvement and representative role.
- Applicants must be able to communicate and interact effectively with leaders from other culture, religion and race.
- Applicants must be able to give details of the specific activities that they done which may include how you are actively committed to sustainable development in general and more specifically, the topics of your choice.
- Applicants are to provide a detailed explanation of his/her involvement in the organization that you have chosen to represent. It is important to emphasise the ways in which your involvement has a concrete impact on a community or a wider public.
- Fully-Funded MCW Global Young Leaders Access Program 2020 for Global Participation in USA
- Global Citizen Scholarship for International Students, 2020
Application Procedure for the 2020 European Development Days Programme for Young Leaders
Applicants are to visit the official application webpage and complete the online application form. Applicants are to ensure that they provide the required information and supporting documents as incomplete application will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 21st February, 2020