University of Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship in Canada: The University of Alberta in Canada is inviting applications from eligible students worldwide for the Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship to be awarded to students with high academic records enrolled in an academic programme of the university or wishing to enrol in the 2020 academic year.
The new Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic achievement of students pursuing graduate studies in Alberta. It was established to incent the best and the brightest students, including international students, to study in Alberta.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Alberta.
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Alberta, Canada.
Scholarship Type: Partial Scholarships/Tuition Awards.
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Slots: Varies per scholarship programme.
Scholarship Worth: $12,000.
Subject Eligibility: All Postgraduate Courses.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic and International students.
- Postgraduate Scholarships Awards at the University of Alberta (Fully Funded)
- Destination Australia Scholarship 2020 for International Students at University of Queensland, Australia
- University of Helsinki International Masters Scholarship, 2020
General Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship, the following eligibility conditions are required; Applicants must:
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident of Canada, or an international student
• must be living in Alberta (student must have a current Alberta mailing address in Bear Tracks)
• current students must have earned a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 or greater over the most recent 15 units of course weight in current program. Where there is less than 15 graded credits in current program, admission GPA (AGPA) is a weighted factor. For students admitted in Fall 2019 or Winter 2020 in which graded coursework is not yet available in the current program, the Admission GPA (AGPA) will be used.
• current students must be registered full-time in Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 terms. January 2020 admit students must be registered full-time in Winter 2020 term.
• be registered in years 1-4 of the master’s program or years 1-6 of the doctoral program during the tenure of the scholarship
• Students registered in a graduate certificate that can ladder into a Master’s degree program are also eligible.
Application Procedures for the University of Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship in Canada – How-to-Apply:
It is required that students must be nominated to FGSR by their home department; hence, applicants need to take admission to this university. In addition to their nomination by home department, student must complete the Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship (AGES) Student Declaration form and submit it to their home department by their internal deadline.
Application Deadline: January 16, 2020
I will like to apply for scholarship program in your institution.
Dear Ahmed, please do apply for the scholarship offer by visiting the official webpage to apply. Best regards
I really need. This chance
Hello Meaza, please do well to apply for the scholarship of your choice. Best regards
[…] University of Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship in Canada, 2020 […]
my name is mehari mekuriaw and i am from ethiopia. i have a masters degree in control engineering from the best university in ethiopia that is addis ababa university and i want to do my phd on your scholarship ,give me a chance.
Hi Mehari, Kindly apply for the scholarships by visiting the official application webpage of the scholarship sponsor. Best regards
i am interested
Hi Biniam, Kindly apply for the scholarships by visiting the official application webpage of the scholarship sponsor. Best regards