United Nations Drop Tower Experiment Series Fellowship Programme, 2020: The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs sponsored Drop Tower Experiment Series Fellowship Programme is open for application for students who are interested in learning microgravity science by performing experiments in a drop tower. The fellowship programme is a collaboration with the Center of Applied Space Technology and Microgravity (ZARM) and the German Aerospace Center (DLR) offers a selected research team the opportunity to perform microgravity experiments at the Bremen Drop Tower. The Bremen Drop Tower in Germany is a laboratory performing ground-breaking research in various science-based fields as fluid physics, combustion, thermodynamics, material science and biotechnology.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs
Fellowship to be taken at: Germany
Fellowship Type: Not stated
Fellowship level: Doctoral
Fellowship Worth: Fully Sponsored
Subject Eligibility: Fluid Physics, Combustion, Thermodynamics, Material Science and Biotechnology.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for students from United Nations Member States.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To meet the eligibility criteria for the fellowship programme, applicants are to note the following:
- Applicants must be natives of United Nations Member States to be eligible for the fellowship.
- The DropTES Fellowship Programme is open to research teams from entities that are Member States of the United Nations. Teams should consist of up to four Bachelor, Master and/or PhD students who must be endorsed by an academic supervisor.
- It is further required that the proposed experiment be an integral part of the students’ syllabuses, that is, part of a Bachelor thesis, a Master thesis, a PhD thesis, or another form of research project associated with the applicants’ studies at the respective university.
- United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship, 2019
- Junior Fellows Internship Programme 2020 at United Nations University in Japan
Application Procedures for the United Nations Drop Tower Experiment Series Fellowship Programme, 2020
- Applicants who have completed their application forms properly endorsed by the applicant’s institution, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org both in PDF format (.pdf) containing the signature page, and in MS WORD (.doc). Please note that our email accounts only accept emails with a size limit of up to 10 MB
- UNOOSA will then proceed to evaluate each submission. At UNOOSA’s sole discretion, additional information may be requested from applicants, if necessary, to assist in the evaluation of an application. Selected applicants will then be notified with the results of the selection process. All awards are final and made at the sole discretion of UNOOSA, not subject to challenge or review.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2020 at 23:59 CET