IIASA Summer Science Communication Fellowship in Austria: Applications are now being received from interested and eligible candidates globally for summer 2020 Science Communication Fellowship by the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA); fully-funded fellowship programme to Austria.
The science communication fellow will gain experience in communicating complex systems science for a general audience through a variety of platforms including blogs, website content, video, and articles for our magazine, Options.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA).
Program Location: Austria.
Program Title: Science Communication Fellowship.
Program Type: Graduate/Professional Fellowship.
Slots: Not Stated.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Global eligibility.
Funding: Fellows will receive a stipend of 4,000 EUR for the three months (IIASA does not provide housing or additional funding for housing).
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the IIASA Summer Science Communication Fellowship, the following eligibility conditions hold;
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in science or journalism, and/or current student or graduate of a science journalism program.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, but IIASA gives preference to those from countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization(NMO).
Tasks and Benefits for the Fellows:
- The successful candidate will work in the IIASA Communications Department, assisting with a variety of tasks including web publishing, media relations, event coverage, multimedia, social media, and other communication activities.
- The fellow will also work closely with participants in the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program(YSSP), and IIASA scientists producing several pieces of work covering their research.
- Experience in writing about science for the general public via blogs, newspapers, university web sites, or other outlets.
- Written and oral fluency in English and proven ability to understand complex scientific research.
- Experience with or interest in social media, video, photography, or other multimedia.
Recommended Also For You: United Nations Drop Tower Experiment Series Fellowship Programme, 2020
Application Procedures for the IIASA Summer Science Communication Fellowship – How-to-Apply:
To apply, please email the following documents to Ms. Alia Harrison, Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources Department, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis at email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- One writing sample of no more than 800 words about a scientific topic and aimed at a general audience (e.g., article for a newspaper or magazine, blog post, or op-ed)
- A letter of recommendation
Incomplete applications/applications with writing samples containing more than 800 words will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 11 January 2020.