Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Copenhagen for Science Graduates 2021: The University of Copenhagen through the Faculty of Science is offering a PhD scholarship for Science graduates who are interested in the field of Epigenetics at the Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences. The Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences is part of a stimulating and international research environment. The position is supported by the Danish National Research Foundation Grant and is looking for exceptionally motivated students to elucidate the subject matter of epigenetics.
The scholarship will cover a 3-year study programme at the university where the successful applicants will manage and carry out research work, attend PhD courses, write scientific articles and PhD thesis and also work for the department. The University of Copenhagen is a renowned university that promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. The university gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. Applicants are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Danish National Research Foundation Grant
Scholarship to be taken at: University of Copenhagen
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition waiver, salary of DKK 331,125 (Approx. €43,750), annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 53,811)
Subject Eligibility: Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related fields
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for domestic and international students.
You may also like: Postgraduate Scholarships in Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Copenhagen for Science Graduates 2021, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be students who are exceptionally motivated to elucidate the effects of epigenetic signalling during long non-coding RNA transcription on “genomic punctuation”.
- Applicants must be ready to undertake projects that involves design, execution and analysis of transcriptomics and epigenomics Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
- Applicants with expertise and enthusiasm to analyse NGS data characterize candidates that match the profile for the position.
- Applicants must have obtained good master’s degree in relevant courses from a recognized university.
- Fully funded Postgraduate Research Scholarship at University of Liverpool
- Fully funded International Scholarship at Edith Cowan University
Application Procedures for the Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Copenhagen for Science Graduates 2021
Applicants are to complete the online application form and supporting documents electronically by visiting the application website. Documents to include are:
- Cover letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Transcripts and certificates of records (BSc and MSc)
- List of publications (if any)
- 1-3 reference letters (if any)
Application Deadline: 15th August, 2020
[…] You may also like: Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Copenhagen for Science Graduates 2021 […]
[…] Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Copenhagen for Science Graduates 2021 […]