UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program to Study in Canada 2020-2021: The University of British Columbia (UBC) is inviting applications from students from Sub-Saharan Africa and developing nations for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020-2021.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is a 10-year global initiative to educate and develop next-generation leaders who will contribute to social and economic progress. The Program enables young people from economically disadvantaged communities to complete quality secondary and tertiary education, and make successful transitions to further education, or to the workforce in their home countries.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): MasterCard Foundation.
Scholarships to be taken at: University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada.
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters).
Scholarship Worth: Not Stated.
Subject Eligibility: See general eligibility criteria for eligible courses
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students
English Language Requirements: Candidates with no prior taught degree in English and from non-English speaking Nations will be required to provide proof of the language ability. Please refer to the UBC’s English requirement.
Apply Also For:
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Masters’ Degree Program at UBC, the applicant must:
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree;
- must not already have a graduate or PhD degree;
- be a citizen or a refugee of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country
- present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere;
- have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and show leadership qualities or potential;
- demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities in their current profession, university or community;
- be applying for a Master’s degree in one of the following Faculties and programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus;
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- Sauder School of Business
- be a person who requires a Canadian study permit to study in Canada;
- commit to returning to Africa in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others.
Application Procedures for the UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program to Study in Canada – How-to-Apply:
Application for the UBC Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program will involve several steps, including school admissibility submission down to completing the the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Eligibility Form. It is important that you visit the official website for complete application guide.
- If you have interest in more than one faculty, note that you will need to submit separate eligibility forms.
- Please note that the Mastercard Foundation Scholars program only covers expenses of the admitted scholars.
- Please note that Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents are not eligible to apply for this award.
- Please note that funds from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC cannot be applied to pursue programs at other academic institutions.
Application Deadline: Varies depending on program (Admissibility Submissions closes November 6th,2019 and Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application December 13, 2019).