Fully Funded 2019/2020 WISE Accelerator Education Support Programme in Qatar
Interested persons are invited to apply for the WISE Accelerator education support program 2019. The program is aimed at encouraging and supporting young minds through their education related initiatives. Read details and check eligibility to apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): WISE Accelerator.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships
Scholarship level: All levels of education
Slots: Not Stated
Scholarship Worth: Not stated.
Subject Eligibility: Not applicable.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Students globally can apply to be enrolled in this program
English Language Requirement: Not Applicable.
About The Program:
The WISE Accelerator supports innovative initiatives developing solutions in education technology with high potential for scalability and positive impact.
Each year, the selected initiatives join the one-year program, during which they benefit from tailor-made supportto address challenges that hinder their growth and scaling up process. In addition, the WISE Accelerator assists the selected initiatives to connect with an international network of education stakeholders and create opportunities to share knowledge and find support among potential partners, donors and investors during international events organized by WISE. Finally, the selected initiatives will be matched with mentors who are experts in education, education technology and leaders in their field. Mentors will support the selected initiatives with advice, guidance and connections to different education and business stakeholders.
The WISE Accelerator has supported 24 ventures from 15 countries. They have over 14 million beneficiaries in over 130 countries. They were able to raise over $28 million in investments/donations since selected by the WISE Accelerator.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- The WISE Accelerator supports innovative edtech initiatives that have a high potential for scalability and positive impact in education;
- Initiatives addressing education challenges through the use and/or design of technology in all sectors and regions are welcome to apply. Initiatives in this particular field may cover a wide range of activities. From the conception of apps and digital games to the creation of online platforms or the design of new curricula and pedagogies integrating technology;
- All for profit and non-profit edtech initiatives that are using or linking technology to their DNA are invited to apply;
- Ideal candidates for the WISE Accelerator must be existing edtech initiatives at an early stage of development, with the following attributes:
- Established for at least one year;
- A growing number of beneficiaries or customers;
- A record of activities with a product or service that has been implemented and beyond proof of concept;
- Existing revenues;
- A dedicated team, with an established physical space or office;
- Deep knowledge of the market/educational context and of their beneficiaries’ or customers’ needs;
- Motivation to develop further;
- Understanding of the initiative’s current challenges.
Fully Funded 2019/2020 WISE Accelerator Education Support Programme in Qatar | How to Apply | Apply Now
Also Apply: 1. 2018/2019 Young Leaders Access Program at MCW Global
The Program Selection Initiatives:
The year-long program is designed to assess and meet the initiatives’ needs as fully and precisely as possible in order to bring them to the next stage of development and scale up.
Key milestones in the 2019-2020 program are:
- Kick-off: Selected initiatives participate in the program kick-off to be held during WISE 2019 Summit in Doha, Qatar where they will benefit from workshops, masterclasses and networking opportunities.
- Needs Assessment: The WISE Accelerator team will evaluate the initiatives’ priority needs and identify optimal ways to address them.
- Tailor-made Support: This phase corresponds to the rollout of the mentorship and training provided by the WISE Accelerator team and partner organizations, combining both face-to-face meetings and mostly distance, personalized sessions.
- Mentorship: The WISE Accelerator team will match each selected initiative with mentors selected from a WISE community of over 50,000 education stakeholders. These mentors will advise, guide and support the initiatives in their growth. Often, the mentors are CEO’s and directors of for profit and non-profit education initiatives.
- Ongoing communication and visibility: The selected initiatives benefit from ongoing communication and international exposure, as well as from networking opportunities throughout the year. This takes place via WISE media platforms and international events.
- Program Closing: The program closing will also take part at a WISE international event in order for the selected initiatives to benefit from further opportunities for support, networking and international visibility. In the past, the international events took part in major cities such as Paris, New York or Madrid.
- Follow-up and Evaluation: During the selection process and following the conclusion of the program, the WISE Accelerator team will administer surveys to the shortlisted applicants as well as selected initiatives in order to evaluate the progress made over the year by the selected and non-selected initiatives with the aim to evaluate the impact of the program. The WISE Accelerator will collect information on the initiatives’ growth every six months for two years. At the end of two years from finishing the program, The WISE Accelerator team will collect information on the initiatives’ growth once a year. All information collected will be anonymized and collected with the permission of the initiatives.
Application Procedures for the Fully Funded 2019/2020 WISE Accelerator Education Support Programme in Qatar:
If you have read through and are sure to meet up all requirements for the programme, then you should follow the link provided to apply. You can also check for more information through the link provided.
Application Deadline: 30 April, 2019
Recommended Link(s): Indonesian Government Scholarships 2019/2020 for Developing Countries