World Bank-Japan Postgraduate Scholarships Scheme 2019: The World Bank has announced open application for the Masters Scholarships for students of Developing Nations to study in Japan, UK and Some African Universities. This scholarship is aimed at supporting students with development related courses.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Wold Bank.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Scholarship level: Masters Program
Slots: Not Stated
Scholarship Worth: Not specified but it is fully funded scholarship.
Subject Eligibility: Development Related Topics, Multi Subject.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Students from Developing Countries who are also World Bank Member Countries
English Language Requirement: Not Required.
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open for students from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic.
The following World Bank Member Countries are eligible to apply;
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Central African Rep
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Broadly speaking, Developing Country nationals must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. The only exception to this criterion is for developing country nationals from a country that will be on the updated list of Fragile and Conflict States provided to applicants in the Application Guidelines for each call for scholarships.
- On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’s programslocated outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application. For details, see “How to Apply”.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
Please note: All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
Application Procedure for the World Bank-Japan Postgraduate Scholarships Scheme 2019:
Applicants can apply for scholarships to both Preferred and Partner Programs. The process to apply to a Preferred Program and to a Partner Program differs:
See our Announcements posted on the right side of this website for upcoming calls for scholarship applications for developing country nationals to study at one of our partner master programs, as these calls are announced on a rolling basis throughout the calendar year.
Those seeking a JJ/WBGSP Partner Program scholarship (.xlsx 15 KB) must first apply for admission to one or more of the Partner Master’s Degree Program(s). Announcements from a JJWBGSP Partner Program on when to apply for admission to their program is often posted on the right-side margin of this website. Inquiries on how to submit an admission application to a partner program should be submitted to the respective university.
After reviewing submitted applications, each Partner Master Degree Program will identify a short list of eligible candidates who will then be invited by the JJWBGSP Secretariat to apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship. View the complete list of JJ/WBGSP Partner (.xlsx 15 KB) master degrees offered.
Please proceed to the Official Scholarship Site for more information.
Application Deadline: April 11 , 2019
Recommended Link(s): Elite Scholarships for African Students 2019 at the University of Strathclyde