Early Career Fellowship for Global Scholars at University of California Irvine (UCI) invites application from early career scholar carrying out critical interdisciplinary research on global challenges to apply for a fellowship position to participate in the 2nd Annual UCI Global Studies Conference slated to hold between 31st January to 1st February, 2020. The fellowship is hosted at the University of California Irvine, Department of Global and International Studies.
The fellowship seeks to support professionalism in the Global Studies by improving quality and effective mentorship for junior scholars. Applicants will be required to present an ongoing research work to distinguished panel of scholars who will comment on the fellow’s research work as well as making suggestions aimed at increasing the possibility of the work being accepted for publication.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): University of California Irvine (UCI)
Fellowship Type: fellowship
Fellowship level: Postgraduate
Fellowship Worth: UCI will make available lodging and travel expenses
Subject Eligibility: Global and International Studies
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Fellowship is for early career scholars from low and middle-income countries
You can also apply for: Wellcome International Training Fellowships for Postgraduate Scholars
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Applicants should be early career scholars, including pre-tenure assistant professors, postdoctoral fellows, recent Ph.D. holders as well as advanced graduates (ABD).
- Applicants must be from low and middle-income countries.
Other Important Notice
- Applicants are required to submit together with their application, a full draft of an ongoing work that they will present to a panel of distinguished scholars during the conference. The work may be a journal article or a chapter of a book to be submitted to a peer-review journal or academic press for publication. Well developed, articulated, critical and interdisciplinary projects that will impact both the local and global communities will be greatly considered by the selection committee.
- Applicants should ensure that their research statements describes the general research interests and should depict how the current project fits into his/her larger research agenda. Applicants are to note that the interest of the fellowship is on global issues and hosted by the Department of Global and International Studies.
- Applicants who are graduate students enrolled in doctoral programs in the United States of America will be required to submit an unofficial graduate transcript. However, graduate students enrolled in research-only programs that do not have graduate classes do not need to submit a transcript.
Application Procedure for the Early Career Fellowship for Global Scholars at University of California Irvine (UCI)
- Applicants are to apply online
- Applicants are to submit their Curriculum Vitae
- Applicants are to submit their article or book chapter in progress including the abstract.
- Applicants are to submit a one-page research statement.
- Student applicants are to submit one copy of student’s transcript.
- Applicants are to submit letter of Recommendation to include the name of one recommender who is familiar with your academic work.