2020 Africa Food Prize Award for African Entrepreneurs and Professionals: Applications are invited from suitably qualified African entrepreneurs and professionals who have distinguished themselves in the sustainable food security. The Africa Food Prize recognizes women, men and institutions whose excellent contributions to agricultural development in the African continent have forged a new era of sustainable food security and economic opportunity that elevates the living condition as well as the health of people living in Africa. The Prize began as the Yara Prize and was established in 2005 by Yara International ASA in Norway to honor achievements in the African agricultural sector.
Prize Sponsor(s): Africa Food Prize
Prize is for: Influencers of Agricultural revolution in Africa
Prize Benefits: $100,000
Eligibility: Agriculture, Food security
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Africa Food Prize is for Africans who have distinguished themselves and contributed to food security in Africa.
You may also like: PhRMA Foundation Research Starter Grants for International Scholars
Prize Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the 2020 Africa Food Prize Award for African Entrepreneurs and Professionals, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have in one way or the other contributed to reducing poverty and hunger and/or improving food and nutrition security in measurable terms.
- Applicants must have contributed to providing a vital source of income and/or employment in measurable terms.
- Applicants must possess the potential for transformative change through scalability, replication and sustainability.
- Increased awareness and cooperation among African audiences and organizations.
- Applicants are to note that the Prize Committee will particularly emphasize proven, tangible results, scalability and value creation derived from the nominee’s work directly or indirectly.
- Applicants must have proven leadership potential of the individual or organization, specifically the ability to persevere despite significant challenges or risks.
- Call for Applications: 2020 Africa Biosciences Challenge Fund fellowships for Researchers
- Call for Application: Wales Africa Grant by the Welsh Government
Application Procedure for the 2020 Africa Food Prize Award for African Entrepreneurs and Professionals
Applicants are to be nominated for the Africa Food Prize and the nominations being sent to the Africa Food Prize Secretariat before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 1st June, 2020