Research Internship Program for Postgraduate Students: Here comes an opportunity for men and women suitably qualified to apply for the SEI Africa Research Internship Program. The Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) internship program is designed to build academic capacities for talented and motivated individuals who would like to acquire world-class knowledge and skills in the areas of environment and development with a focus on SEI’s thematic areas. The program allows selected applicants to have understanding of SEI’s work while providing training and experience in several professional fields. The four key focus areas of SEI are Energy and Climate Change; Natural resources and Ecosystems; Health and Environment; and Sustainable Urbanization.
Internship Sponsor(s): SEI AFrica
Internship Type: Full Scholarship
Internship level: Postgraduate
Internship Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Energy and Climate Change; Natural resources and Ecosystems; Health and Environment; and Sustainable Urbanization.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for students from all nationalities though priority is given to candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa
English Language Requirement: Note stated
You may also like: Internship Opportunity – Digital Nation Africa Intern at IBM, 2019
Application Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applicants are to hold a master’s degree in a field related to SEI’s focus areas or applicants currently studying related master’s course.
- Applicants must have an interest in one of SEI Africa’s thematic areas.
- Applicants are to note that the minimum internship period is six months
- Applicants are to be fluent in both written and spoken English. Applicants with additional language proficiency such as French and Portuguese has added advantage.
- Priority will be given to applicants from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Application Procedure for the Research Internship Program for Postgraduate Students Supported by SEI Africa
- Applicants are to send the under-listed documents to info-Africa@sei.org
- An application letter indicating relevant background, qualifications, desired internship duration, research interest (Energy and Climate Change; Natural Resources and Ecosystems; Health and Environment; Sustainable Urbanization; or Communications) clearly stating the expected achievement at the end of the internship (2 pages maximum)
- Curriculum Vitae (two pages maximum)
- Recent writing samples if applicable.
Applicants are to note that before the commencement of each internship period, shortlisted applicants will be invited for a short presentation and interview. Selected applicants will be contacted through e-mail.
Recommended Internship (s):
Other Important Notes:
- Applicants from the Sub-Saharan Africa will be offered a stipend of Kenyan Shillings of 50,000 (approx. $500) monthly for the period of the internship.
- Applicants from outside the Sub-Saharan Africa are also encouraged to apply. However, if accepted, the intern will be responsible for obtaining their own funding and insurance for the full duration of the internship at SEI.
- Applicants are to note that SEI does not provide housing, and can unfortunately not assist in finding accommodation. However, assistance will be given to obtain a Kenyan visa that will allow the applicant to undertake the internship program.
Application Deadline: 1st December, 2019