Newton International Research Fellowships at the United Kingdom, 2020: Applications for the Newton International Research fellowships will be open for application from suitably qualified applicants in the Social Sciences/Liberal Arts, Medicine/Health Sciences, Sciences who are passionate about landing a fellowship award. The Newton International Fellowship selects excellent young scholars who are at their post-doctoral research stage to work at one of three participating academies (the Royal Society, the British Academy and the Academy of Medical Sciences). The fellowship is a fully funded programme with grants ranging up to £35,000 to cover for the research and other expenses. The Newton International Fellowships provide funding for two years
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Newton International Fellowship
Fellowship to be taken at: United Kingdom
Fellowship Type: Fully Funded
Fellowship level: Post-doctoral
Fellowship Worth: Grant of £24,000 per annum to cover subsistence, and up to £8,000 for research expenses per annum, a one-off relocation allowance of up to £3,000.
Fellowship areas: Social Sciences/Liberal Arts, Medicine/Health Sciences, Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Fellowship is for international scholars
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a non-UK scientist who are at an early stage of their research career and wish to conduct research in the UK.
- Applicant must have a PhD, or will have a PhD by the time the funding starts.
- Applicants must be working outside the UK
- Applicant must not hold a UK citizenship
- Applicant must be competent in oral and written English
- Applicant must have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist.
- University of Sussex Excellence Scholarship Award in the United Kingdom, 2019
- IIASA Summer Science Communication Fellowship in Austria 2020
- Fogarty International Research Training Award for Health Research, 2019/2020
Application Procedure for the Newton International Research Fellowships at the United Kingdom, 2020
- Applicants for the humanities and social sciences are to make their applications to the British Academy.
- Applicants for the clinical and patient oriented research are to make their applications to the Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Applicants for the natural and physical sciences are to submit their applications through the Royal Society’s grants management system Flexi-Grant.
Application Deadline: March 26th, 2020