Fogarty International research training award program is a program that is intended for institutional research training in low-and middle-income countries. This program may be carried out in collaboration between educational institutions in the United States of America and an eligible Low-and middle-income country. This is designed to strengthen sustainably the non-communicable disease research capacity of educational and research institutions in the qualifying low-and middle-income countries. The funding opportunities allows support of trainees as the lead researchers of an independent clinical trial, or a different ancillary study to an already existing research trial and also to gain research expertise in a clinical trial led by another researcher as part of their research and career development. The maximum Fogarty International award program is for five years.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Fogarty International
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: The funding budget are limited to up to $230,000 for new awards and $250,000 for old awards annually. It covers tuition and fees, stipends and trainee travel allowance.
Subject Eligibility: Health Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for students from low- and middle-income countries
English Language Requirement: English language proficiency proof is required
Apply for This Also: Wellcome International Training Fellowships for Postgraduate Scholars
Application Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applicants from Public/state controlled institutions of higher education
- Applicants must be from a low- and middle-income country to be eligible
- Students from private institutions of higher learning can apply as well
- Students with the skills, knowledge and resources to carry out the proposed research training program.
- Applicants are to explain in details how their proposed research grant support and activities are related to the proposed research training plan.
Application Procedure for The Fogarty International Research Training Award for Health Research, 2019/2020
- Applicants are to access the online ASSIST system and download the application forms, fill and submit accordingly
- Applicants must have the adobe reader software, or a pdf generator, and a web browser to submit an application.
- Applicants are advised to write a strong application that will broaden their chances of securing the research award. Also, the requirements for document preparation and format should be adhered to strictly.
- Applicants may be required to submit a changed/corrected application to correct issues that either the applicant or the award body find with applicant’s applications.
Other Recommended award(s):
Application deadline: 12th November, 2019