Geological Society of America Graduate Student Research Grants, 2020: The Geological Society of America is pleased to announce the application for a Graduate Students Research Grants for the 2020 grant cycle. The grant is to support graduate student research in the geosciences and ultimately enhance the geoscience workforce. It is also designed to provide career development opportunity for students by gaining experience with grants writing, project development and research. The primary role of the GSA research grants is to provide partial support of master’s and doctoral thesis research in the geological sciences for graduate students enrolled in universities in United States, Canada, Mexico and Central America.
Grant Sponsor(s): Geological Society of America
Grant to be taken at: Universities in United States, Canada, Mexico and Central America
Grant Type: Partial Funding
Grant level: Masters and P.hD. (Doctoral)
Grant Worth: Not specified
Subject Eligibility: All fields of Geological Sciences
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Grant is for students of Universities in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Central America.
Grant Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Geological Society of America Graduate Student Research Grants, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants need not be a citizen of the United States or a U.S. Resident Alien but must be enrolled in a North American or Central American university or college in an earth science graduate degree program (with a geologic component).
- Applicant’s research focus must be any subject matter within the geological sciences, such as paleontology, Karst, geochemistry, stratigraphy, geoscience education, petroleum geology and field related to geosciences.
- Applicants are to note that they may receive a total of two GSA graduate student grants in their entire academic career, regardless of what program currently enrolled in.
- Applicants are to submit appraisal form from the primary advisor with each application. Therefore applicants are to ensure that their advisor submits the appraisal form.
- Applicants must be prepared if successful to submit a progress report by 1st February of the following year.
- PhRMA Foundation Research Starter Grants for International Scholars
- Call for Application: ICGEB Research Grants, 2020
Application Procedure for the Geological Society of America Graduate Student Research Grants, 2020
Applicants are to visit the official application webpage and complete the online application form while following the instructions provided. Applicants are to ensure that their advisors submit their appraisal forms as applications without the appraisal form will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 3rd February, 2020