Fully Funded Commonwealth Scholarship for International Students, 2019/2020: The Commonwealth scholarship for international students for the 2019/2020 academic session is ongoing. Bright students with excellent academic track record are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity and apply for this scholarship. The scholarship award is for deserving students from Commonwealth countries and seeks to enroll doctoral students into the University of Pretoria, South Africa who will make considerable impact to its research endeavors. This scholarship is known as the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship which will be awarded on a competitive structure.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Pretoria
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: Scholarship worth R 170 000 per annum
Subject Eligibility: Any Taught Courses at the University of Pretoria
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for students from Commonwealth nations
Apply for This Also : AAI Salzburg One World Scholarship Postgraduate Grants in Austria 2019
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Prospectus applicants are encouraged to read through the selection criteria for eligibility.
- The University of Pretoria Commonwealth scholarship will be awarded to students from Commonwealth countries.
- Applicants must be willing to conduct their doctoral studies at the university.
- Applicants applying for the scholarship must have obtained a master’s degree not more than two years prior to the application in a recognized university to be awarded the scholarship.
- PhD and Masters students who are currently studying at the University of Pretoria are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants are to note that the award of the scholarship will be based on academic performance, ability to take on advanced research activities and strong leadership qualities.
- Applicants are also to note that evidence of article publications in reputable journals will be of added advantage.
Recommended Post(s):Fulbright Program for International Students Award in USA, 2019
Application Procedure for The Fully Funded Commonwealth Scholarship for International Students, 2019/2020
Applicants are to submit a completely filled University of Pretoria PhD Commonwealth scholarship form and attach the under listed documents to the form:
- A well written letter of motivation from a prospectus supervisor stating that they will supervise the applicant and research funding is available.
- A detailed description of the proposed research work to be undertaken by the applicant.
- Concise Curriculum Vitae not more than three (3) pages.
- Copy of passport
- Full academic transcripts of all qualifications obtained.
Applicants are to send the above mentioned documents as a single file in PDF format to Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org with the mail subject as “UP Commonwealth”
Also completed two reference letter from two different academics with full knowledge of the applicant’s academic performance are also to be sent to the school.
Visit: Official Scholarship Link
Application Deadline: 2nd September, 2019