Yale Young African Scholars Program 2020: Applications are invited from highly brilliant secondary school leavers across Africa to partake in the fully funded Yale Young African Scholars Program 2020.
Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) is an intensive academic and enrichment program designed for African secondary school students planning to pursue tertiary education and who wish to make meaningful impact as young leaders on the continent.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Yale University partnering a few other key players.
Program Title: Yale Young African Scholars Program
Program Location: UK.
Program Type: Undergraduate Scholarship/Study grant.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: African Students.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Applicants MUST fulfill all of the following requirements in order to apply to YYAS;
- Age: You must be at least 14 years old by application deadline (12 February 2020) in order to be considered. Please note that a typical YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- English: You must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. YYAS will also accept applications from refugees living in an African country.
- School location:You must currently attend school in an African country.
- Graduation date:If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest May/June 2021. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2020. Students who will graduate secondary school before August 2020 are NOT eligible to apply.
- If you are currently in your final year or term of secondary school, have already graduated secondary school, or are a university student, then you are NOT eligible to apply.
- If you are a YYAS or YYGS alumnus/a, you may NOT apply for YYAS. (*However, if you are a YYAS alumnus/a, you can apply to YYGSif eligible.)
For participants of the Yale Young African Scholars Program 2020, there are no tuition, meal, or lodging costs for students to participate in YYAS. Their participation will;
- enhance their academic skills,
- receive university admission and financial aid application guidance, and join a network of young leaders from across Africa.
- Following the eight-day program, students will be paired with mentors who will help advise them throughout the university application process.
- 2019/2020 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for African Students
- International Students Scholarships at Oxford Brookes University, 2020
Application Procedures and Requirements for the Yale Young African Scholars Program 2020:
As part of the application requirements, though not exhaustive, students will be required to
- Completed application form –
- Provide Official transcript or grade report(s
- Provide One (1) teacher recommendation
It is recommended that you get full details of the application requirements to begin application.