MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for African Students: MasterCard Foundation in partnership with the American University of Beirut has announced their 2019/2020 Scholarship Program open to students of African origin and the Lebanese. This scholarship program is a yearly offer which seeks to help financially disadvantage students to achieve their academic dreams. You should read if you are eligible and apply to the scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): MasterCard Foundation
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships
Scholarship level: Scholarships are available for Undergraduate and Masters Studies
Slots: Not Stated.
Scholarship Worth: Scholarship value is not stated but will usually cover full tuition and other necessary study aids
Subject Eligibility: See Partner University admission page for details
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarships available to students in Africa and Lebanon
English Language Requirement: Not Specified
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
The 2019/2020 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships, which is also a yearly program, are open to:
- Nationals of Africa
- Nationals of Lebanon
- Refugee and displaced living in Lebanon ( for undergraduate scholarships)
Selection and admission of awardees will be based on the following:
- Academic promise
- Financial disadvantage
- Leadership potential
- Desire to give back and go back to one’s community
Scholarship Benefits: The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship will offer the following benefits to it awardees:
- Full tuition scholarships
- Books and computer
- Living expenses
- Medical insurance
- Intensive preparatory courses and SAT courses (as needed)
- Close supervision and academic support
- Community engagement opportunities
Application Format for the MasterCard Scholarships:
- Complete the AUB Online Graduate Application Form after creating an account.
- Upload supporting documents as per the requirements indicated on the online application.
- If residing in Lebanon (Lebanese and non-Lebanese), fill out the online Graduate Financial Application specific to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (available here) by March 18, 2019.
- If applying from Africa, fill out the online Graduate Financial Application specific to the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (available) by March 18, 2019.
Application Deadline: 18th March, 2019
Recommended Post(s): United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship, 2019