MCW Global Young Leaders Access Program 2020 for Global Participation in USA: Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the MCW Global Young Leaders Access Program 2020, full funded to the United States of America for Young leaders across the globe.
MCW Global’s year-long flagship program is for participants between the ages of 18 to 26, who are prepared to become leaders of positive change in their communities by obtaining tools and skills needed to transform passion into action.
Company/Organization: MCW Global.
Program Location: New York, USA.
Program Title: MCW Young Leaders Access Program 2020.
Program Type: Leadership Training and Youth Development Program.
Slots: Not Stated.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Global eligibility.
- Quebec University – FRQNT Internship Program 2020 for International Students
- Call for Application: Yale Young African Scholars Program 2020 (Fully-Funded to UK)
- Dalai Lama Fellows Program 2020 Young Global Leaders at University of Virginia, USA
About the Program (MCW Young Leaders Access Program 2020):
The MCW Global Young Leaders Access Program 2020 for Global Participation in US is based on 3 phases namely;
- Summer Program: 10-day summer program that facilitates leadership development, self-awareness, a deep understanding of global citizenship, and how to implement a project from beginning to end.
- Vision Planning: Project Development: Participants come to the Program with an idea of a community issue they want to address through the process of vision planning, which aims to transform passion into a tangible plan for change.
- Alumni Mentorship and Ongoing Support: o further develop and implement their vision plans, Young Leaders are paired with alumni mentors, who guide them at the summer program toward creating an actionable plan.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
To be eligible for the MCW Global Young Leaders Access Program 2020 in US, Young Leaders should:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community
- Identify an issue in their community to address
- Be between the ages of 18-26
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Commit to attending the 10-day program and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation
- Have access to email and Internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program
- Adhere to Young Leaders Access Program graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program)
- Submit a completed application on or before January 5, 2020
Funding Cost for the MCW Global Young Leaders Access Program 2020 in US:
- In an effort to make the program accessible to all participants, MCW Global will cover program and flight costs.
- MCW Global will also cover costs during the summer program (July 21- July 30, 2020), including housing, food, travel to and from the summer program venues, and any necessary supplies.
Note: MCW Global requires all participants to pay for their ground transportation from the airport and back, as well as passport or visa fees. (Not applicable for U.S. based participants.). Learn more about program costs.
Application Procedures for the MCW Global Young Leaders Access Program 2020 for Global Participation in US – How-to-Apply:
The application must be filled out in English. All letters of recommendation and your resume need to be prepared in English. Any parts of the application that are not in English will not be read and the application will be considered incomplete.
The application includes:
- General information
- Essay questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
- Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. We suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing the letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- The letter should be on official letterhead, signed and dated.
- Liability waiver
- At the end of the application, please review the terms and conditions.
- Apply here until January 5, 2020.
- November 15, 2019: Young Leaders Access Program application opens
- January 5, 2020: Young Leaders Access Program application closes
- February 3, 2020: First round decisions sent out; short list candidates notified; second round application opens
- February 21, 2020: Second round application closes
- March 2-28, 2020: Interviews with Alumni
- April 1, 2020: Acceptances sent out
- May 3, 2020: Confirmation of acceptance with visa interview date and deposit
- July 21, 2020 – July 30, 2020: Young Leaders Access Summer Program
- July 30, 2020 – July 22, 2021: Young Leaders Access Program duration