Call for Application: Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2020: The African Union is pleased to announce the call for application for the Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2020 to support Africa’s education system and reinforces the need for fit for context, innovative and scalable solutions in education.
Since its establishment, the Innovating Education in Africa Expo has continued to gather momentum and established itself as the leading Pan-African event promoting the adoption of Education Innovations in Africa. The African Union Commission (AUC) and Partners across Africa will hold the third edition of Innovating Education in Africa Expo as a virtual series of events and activities from October 2020 – June 2021.
Program Sponsor(s): Africa Union Commission and Partners
Program to be taken at: Africa
Program Worth: See Program Benefits
Program Slot: Not specified
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Organisations in Africa
Program Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Call for Application: Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2020, interested organisations should meet the following criteria:
- Implementing an education innovation in Africa in line with the “background” and “innovations being sought” defined in the Call for Submissions.
- Should have been a legally registered and operational for not less than 1 year.
- Should not have previously awarded in the top 10 category of the Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2018 and 2019.
Application Procedures for the Call for Application: Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2020
Submissions should be made online in English or French at www.edu-au.org/submit-innovation. The following information should be submitted:
- Describe the need which the innovation targets (100 words max).
- Describe the business model for implementing the innovation (250 words max).
- Provide information on the impact or demonstrated success of your innovation (100 words max).
- Explain how the innovation can be upscaled sustainably (100 words max).
- Video which shows your innovation in action.
- Profile of the organisation’s leader or leadership team, as applicable.
- Business registration certificate.
You may be interested in: The Association of Commonwealth Universities Gender Grants 2020
Benefits for successful applicants
Successful applicants will benefit from one or more of the following:
- Receive cash grants up to 100,000 USD.
- Innovation promoted to policy makers, investors, and practitioners during the Virtual Exhibition Day.
- Participate in entrepreneurship training, business incubation and acceleration program towards strengthening business model and scaling up of innovations.
- Innovation published in the Africa Education Innovations Handbook 2020.
- Certificate of Recognition from the African Union Commission.
Application Deadline: Deadline for submissions is 25th September 2020 by 23:00 (GMT+3). Please send any enquiries to email@example.com.