Commonwealth Foundation COVID-19 Special Grants 2020: Applications are open to civil society organisations from all Commonwealth Member States to apply for the Commonwealth Foundation COVID-19 Special Grants which is focused on supporting national initiatives that aim to engage constructively with government in strengthening relevant institutions, policies and practices.
The Foundation’s Grants Programme supports innovative project ideas and approaches that seek to strengthen the ability of civic voices to engage with governments to improve governance and development outcomes through their active participation. The foundation is launching a special grants call in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Grant Sponsor(s): Commonwealth Foundation
Grant to be taken at: Commonwealth member states
Grant Worth: £10,000- £30,000
Grant Slot: Not specified
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Candidates from Commonwealth member universities
Grant Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Commonwealth Foundation COVID-19 Special Grants 2020, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- Applicants and when applicable, partner(s) must be registered not-for-profit civil society organisations with full registration in an eligible Commonwealth Member State.
- The project must address one or more of the focus areas listed.
Applicants are to ensure that their applications relate to one or more aspects of the COVID-19 situation and response. Possible focus areas might include:
- Research into, and monitoring of, government and civil society responses to the pandemic that aim to identify gaps, weaknesses and good practices that could be used to inform current practice and future policy: including the impact of laws and policies in general, or in relation to specific groups such as women; workers in the informal economy; migrants and refugees or specific issues such as, for example, gender-based violence and access to treatment
- Support to civil society organisations, networks and coalitions to enable more effective engagement with government on development and implementation of policies and plans to address the pandemic in the longer term, or respond to new health emergencies
- Promotion of civil society engagement with national government, private sector, and academic institutions to innovate and develop quality products for vulnerable groups that reduce risks associated with pandemics
- Facilitating multi-stakeholder discussions or bodies (e.g. taskforce) to review and suggest reforms to policies and programs that can better protect: vulnerable populations; informal workers; and frontline staff during and after the pandemic
- Awareness raising and other forms of community engagement aimed at improving social and other protections, especially for vulnerable groups in collaboration with national government
- Convening and/or participating in discussions with national government aimed at improving transparency and strengthening institutions, policies, and practices.
Applications should ensure that gender is mainstreamed throughout the project, and may include the use of creative expression to achieve project aims.
You may also be interested in: The Association of Commonwealth Universities Gender Grants 2020
Application Procedures for the Commonwealth Foundation COVID-19 Special Grants 2020
Interested in applying for a grant? Please download the grant guidelines, criteria and supporting documents below.
Application Deadline: Not specified