2020 Action Canada Fellowship for Scholars and Professionals: Application are invited from qualified applicants for the Action Canada Fellowship for the 2020/2021 cohort. The Fellowship intends to enhance the participant’s leadership skills and practice and their ability to make a difference in Canada by interacting with leaders from business, government and the community. Each Action Canada Fellowship cohort aims to reflect the country’s diversity, geography, cultures, political views, economic background, language as well as gender. It presents to the successful fellows a mix of academic and professional experiences.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Canadian Heritage
Fellowship to be taken at: Canada
Fellowship level: Fellowship is for young scholars and professionals
Fellowship Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Open to any discipline
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Fellowship is for both Canadian and non-Canadian citizens.
You may also like: Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship 2020 at Coventry University, UK (Fully-Funded)
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the 2020 Action Canada Fellowship for Professionals, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must possess a proven track record of leadership, achievement and impact.
- Applicants must be a young scholar or professional willing to develop capacity in public policy and leadership.
- Applicants must be open-minded, curious, energetic and possess the courage to learn new things and acquire new experiences.
- Applicants must have the passion for Canada, the potential to become a leader in Canada and the commitment to make a positive contribution to Canada.
- Applicants must have interest in public policy and its importance as a tool for positive change.
Application Procedure for the 2020 Action Canada Fellowship for Professionals
Applicants are to complete the online application form and ensure to attach the following documents:
- A curriculum vita to include a short bio, professional and education experience, community engagement, recognitions while also stating the basic information one’s self.
- A letter of motivation that should address the following questions: (1) What do you hope to achieve by participating in the Action Canada Fellowship?; (2) Your aspirations and plans for your future career and life; (3) Your leadership skills and experiences as well as areas of need for development and improvement; (4) Your ability to transform ideas into action; (5) The importance of civic engagement to you and desire to make a contribution to Canada; (6) Ability to respect and understand new and different perspectives in addressing public policy issues.
- Schwarzman Scholarship Scheme for International Students at Tsinghua University [Updated]
- 2020 SCDTP Studentship for International Students at University of Southampton, UK
Applicants are to note that the application process comprises three (3) steps and applicants will be informed whether they have excelled to the next round of the selection process or not.
- Application process for the 2020/21 of the Action Canada Fellowship is open till March 20th, 2020. As soon as the application process closes, the selection committee will the evaluation of the applications based on the selection criteria.
- The selection committee will send invitation to applicants who were selected for the second phase to submit a two-page writing exercise on a public policy topic to be completed by April 17th, 2020.
- Applicants who were selected for the third phase will be invited to an online interview that will last for 30-minute from May 4-10,2020 before the interview with the National Selection Committee on May 22 and 23.
The committee thereafter, will recommend list of names to the presidents of the Public Policy Forum and Action Canada for selection of applicants.
Visit the Official Webpage for Details
Application Deadline: March 20th, 2020
I am akera wello I am from gambella Ethiopia, I have English
diploma I wanted to continue my degree but no way, so know I’m very interesting to continue, if you will give me this chance.
[…] 2020 Action Canada Fellowship for Scholars and Professionals […]
I am Tusikila Luwamo Daniel, I was born in Angola in Luanda. I’m 20 years old, I’m a young man with a lot of desire to learn, and my need to want to evolve professionally is very apt … Since then, I’ve always liked the idea of one day studying, working and living in Canada, so, I’m here on this website requesting this program that I believe will be very valuable to me and in a way also to Canada.
I saw an ad and found it very interesting for me, being someone very passionate about Canada and I see that it is a good opportunity for me because I will be able to grow professionally by receiving more knowledge that will improve my intellectual abilities … So I would like to win this scholarship of study for me to do my best wherever there are opportunities.