Yale Drama Series Playwriting Competition: Applications are welcomed from qualified play writers all over the world for the Yale University Drama Series Playwriting Competition 2022 where the winning play will be selected by the series’ current judge, Paula Vogel.
The Drama series seeks to recognize and award playwriters who are passionate about advancing their professional career.
Yale Drama Series Playwriting Competition 2022 | DETAILS
The Drama Series winner will be awarded the David Charles Horn Prize of $10,000 USD, a staged reading or virtual performance and publication of their manuscript by Yale University Press. The contest is open to playwriters from all over the world.
To be considered for the Yale University Drama Series Playwriting Competition, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Contest is restricted to plays that are written in the English language. Applicants from around the globe are encouraged to apply.
- Submissions must be original, unpublished full-length plays, with a minimum of 65 pages. Plays with less than 65 pages will not be considered. Translations, musicals, and children’s plays are not accepted.
- The Drama Series is intended to support emerging playwrights.
- Playwrights may submit only one manuscript per year. Only manuscripts authored by one playwright are eligible.
- Plays that have been professionally produced or published are not eligible. Plays that have had a workshop, reading, or non-professional production or that have been published as an actor’s edition will be considered.
- Plays may not be under option, commissioned, or scheduled for professional production or publication at the time of submission.
- Plays must be typed/word-processed and page-numbered.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right to reject any manuscript for any reason.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right of the judge to not choose a winner for any given year of the competition and reserves the right to determine the ineligibility of a winner, in keeping with the spirit of the competition, and based upon the accomplishments of the author.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Yale University Drama Series Playwriting Competition 2022 are strongly urged to submit their script online. However, if electronic submission is impossible, then hard copies can be sent to Yale Drama Series, P.O.Box 209040, New Haven, CT 06520-9040.
Application Deadline: 15 August 2021