2020 National Fellowship Program of the Jefferson Scholars Foundation: The Jefferson Scholars Foundation is pleased to announce the commencement of application for the National Fellowship Program for the 2020 session. The fellowship provides the opportunity to be trained and research in history, political science, policy studies law, sociology amongst other fields. The mission of the Jefferson Scholars Foundation is to serve the University of Virginia by identifying, attracting and nurturing individuals of extraordinary intellectual range and depth possessing high qualities of leadership and educational attributes.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Jefferson Scholars Foundation
Fellowship to be taken at: University of Virginia, USA
Fellowship Type: Fellowship
Fellowship level: Postgraduate
Fellowship Worth: $25,000
Subject Eligibility: History, Political Science, Law, political Studies, Political Economy, Communications and Media and Sociology.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for international students
You may also like:Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program for African-Born Scholars
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the 2020 National Fellowship Program of the Jefferson Scholars Foundation, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a PhD candidate who is expected to complete his or her dissertation by the conclusion of the Fellowship year.
- Applicants can be from the U.S or international citizens with outstanding academic credentials.
- Fellows will be expected regardless of their residency to participate in and contribute to the interdisciplinary community of the Jefferson Scholars Foundation.
- Applicants are to submit an applicant’s information sheet.
- Applicants are also required to write a project description of 1,200 words describing their dissertation or book, state the thesis, explain how it contributes to or revises existing scholarship, and how or why you decided on the particular topic.
- Applicants are also to write an Op-ed blog post (750 words) that applies to major findings from his or her research to a current public policy problem.
- Applicants should also attach a two-paged curriculum vitae (CV) and two letters of recommendation, one which must be from applicant’s advisor. Letters of recommendation can be submitted during the application process or be sent to the Selection Board at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Echoing Green Global Social Entrepreneurial Development Fellowship Program 2020
- Call for Applications: SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship 2020 for Young Innovators
Application Procedure for the 2020 National Fellowship Program of the Jefferson Scholars Foundation
Applicants are to note that all applications are done online. All application materials must be submitted before the application deadline as late application will not be considered.
Application Deadline: February 1st, 2020