Senior Africa Oxford Initiative Visiting Fellowship Scheme, 2020: The Senior Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx) Visiting Fellowship for the 2020 session is ongoing for applicants to undertake and build broad long-term collaborations with Oxford researchers. The scheme intends to award five senior fellowships for a period of 6-9 months from July 2020 to June, 2021. The fellowships will cover one economy return ticket with an ensuite study bedroom for accommodation with monthly stipend for expenses. The fellows will be expected to take part in activities in Oxford including presentation of research to a targeted audience, interdisciplinary activity, research and/or training events targeted at PhD students and early career scholars, exploration of further collaborative opportunities with groups/individuals as well as participation of AfOx events and other things.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx)
Fellowship to be taken at: Africa
Fellowship Type: Fully-Funded Fellowship
Fellowship level: Late career Scholars
Fellowship Worth: Fully Funded
Subject Eligibility: Areas related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for late career scholars
You may also like: World Bank Summer Internship Program 2020 for Graduate Students
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the internship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- The Fellowships are open to applicants from all academic disciplines working on areas that contribute to SDGs. Non-academic professional involved in Research for Development will also be considered
- The applicant must be a national and a resident of an African country, working in an African higher education, research or policy institution
- The applicant must demonstrate extensive engagement with research and development in Africa as well as the value added by the fellowship to their home institutions
- Applications from female and underrepresented researchers are highly encouraged.
- Applicants who have applied previously for the AfOx Visiting Fellows are not eligible
- Student applicants (including undergraduate, Master’s and PhD students) as well as recent graduates are not eligible for the scheme
- DAAD In-Country/In-Region Programme Sub-Saharan Africa 2020 (Scholarships for Masters and PhD Studies)
- Graduate Summer Internship Program at International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Application procedure for the Senior Africa Oxford Initiative Visiting Fellowship Scheme, 2020
Applicants are to note that applications should be submitted before the application deadline. The Senior AfOx Visiting Fellows Programme will award five senior fellowships for a period of 6-9 months from July 2020 to June 2021.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2020