Graduate Summer Internship Program at International Finance Corporation (IFC): The International Finance Corporation (IFC) invites applications from suitably qualified graduates and graduate students for their Paid Summer Internship Program 2020. International Finance Corporation (IFC) is a part of the World Bank Group with headquarters in Washington, DC and operates country or regional offices around the world.
Summer Interns are hired for a duration of four to ten weeks between May and September every year in Washington, DC or directly in one of IFC’s country or regional offices. On average, about 30-40 candidates are selected every year.
Company/Organisation: International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Program Title: Summer Internship Program.
Program Location: Driven Intern positions are based in Washington, DC or directly in one of IFC’s country or regional offices.
Program Type: Paid Internship/Graduate Student Internship.
Program Duration: four to ten weeks
Program Basic Qualification: first or second-to-last year of an MBA or similar graduate program.
Slots: about 30-40 candidates per year.
General Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
Candidates must be in the first or second-to-last year of an MBA or similar graduate program. For investment positions, work experience (3-6 years) in international finance, which could include corporate finance, investment banking, financial consulting, private equity, credit analysis, or commercial banking
- Knowledge of sectors relevant to IFC and emerging markets experience preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- Business development and client relationship skills
- Enthusiasm for working in multicultural teams and across borders
- Fluency in English; proficiency in one or more of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish strongly preferred
- Commitment to sustainable private sector development
- As a Summer Intern, you will be assigned to an industry, regional or service department within IFC.
- Assignments cover various areas of work throughout the value chain, including business development, investment proposal review, financial modeling and analysis, advisory services strategy, and portfolio management.
Application Procedures for the Graduate Summer Internship Program at International Finance Corporation (IFC) – How-to-Apply:
IFC will accept applications on-line from December 9, 2019 through January 17, 2020. Applications of short-listed candidates will be posted on an internal database accessible by all IFC departments globally. Individual departments contact candidates directly for interviews and usually conclude their hiring decisions between mid March and the end of April.
Note: if the online application link does not appear, keep checking back until it is updated
Application Deadline: January 17, 2020