Japanese Government (Mext) Scholarship 2021 for Teacher Training Student: Applications are now invited from interested and qualified candidates for the Japanese Government Teacher Training Student 2021 – a fully funded training programme in Japan. Recruitment for those arriving in Japan next October is made between December of the previous year and the following February.
The first screening is conducted between January and February by the Japanese embassies or consulates general. As the application process and specific schedule differ according to the country of your nationality, please inquire the Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country for details. DO NOT send any application documents directly to MEXT in Japan.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government.
Scholarships to be taken at: Japan
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships/Training Scholarship Program.
Scholarship level: University/Teacher Training School Graduates
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: Fully-Funded.
Subject Eligibility: Teachers in all subjects.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Japanese Government (Mext) Scholarship 2021, Teacher Training Student | DETAILS
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international teachers who wish to conduct research on school education at designated Japanese universities as Teacher Training Students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program as follows.
Qualifications and Eligibility Conditions
MEXT accepts applications from international students for study in Japan who satisfy the following qualifications and conditions. Its aim is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between the grantee’s country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
- Nationality: Applicants for Japanese Government (Mext) Scholarship 2021 must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible. However, persons with dual nationality who hold Japanese nationality and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside of Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the other country and renounce their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan. The First Screening must be conducted at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the country of which the applicant chooses the nationality.
- Age: In principle, applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1986. Exceptions are limited to cases in which MEXT deems that the applicant could not apply within the eligible age limit due to the situation or circumstances of the applicant’s country (military service obligation, loss of educational opportunities due to disturbances of war, etc.). Personal circumstances (financial situation, family circumstances, state of health, circumstances related to applicant’s university or place of employment etc.) will not be considered for exceptions.
- Academic and Career Background: Applicants must be graduates of universities or teacher training schools and have worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or teacher training schools (excluding universities) in their home countries for a total period of five years or more as of October 1, 2021. In-service faculty members in a higher education institution are not eligible.
- Japanese Language Ability: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan. Applicants must also have the ability to do research and adapt to living in Japan.
- Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
- Arrival in Japan: In principle, applicants must be able to arrive in Japan by the designated period (usually September or October) between the day two weeks before the course starts and the starting date of the course. If the applicant cannot arrive in Japan during the specified period for personal reasons, travel expenses to Japan will not be paid. Excluding cases in which MEXT deems as unavoidable circumstances, the applicant must withdraw from this scholarship program if the applicant cannot arrive in Japan by the end of the specified period above which decided by MEXT or the accepting university.
- Visa Requirement: An applicant shall, in principle, newly obtain a “Student” visa at the Japanese diplomatic mission located in the applicant’s country of nationality, and enter Japan with the newly obtained residence status of “Student”. Accordingly, even if the applicant already has other residence status (“Permanent resident,” “Long-term resident,” etc.), the applicant must change it to the “Student” status and re-enter Japan. Moreover, the applicant should be aware that after expiration of the status as a MEXT Scholarship student and even if the student again applied for their original resident status of “Permanent resident” or “Long-term resident,” such resident statuses might not be necessarily granted. It should be noted that if the grantee comes to Japan without newly obtaining the “Student” visa, the provision of the scholarship will be stopped.
- 250 Hong Kong PhD Fellowships for International Students (Fully-Funded)
- Top 25 Fully Funded Scholarships in USA for International students
- Free Online IELTS Preparation Courses 2020/2021
The Japanese Government (Mext) Scholarship 2021 for Teacher Training Student covers;
(1) Allowance: 143,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
(2) Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
(3) Travel Expenses, Transportation to and from Japan.
How-to-Apply: To apply for the Japanese Government (Mext) Scholarship 2021 for Teacher Training Student; you will be required to fill an application form and attach relevant supporting documents for onward submission.
Please refer to;
|Application Guidelines for Teacher Training Students|
|Application Guidelines for Teacher Training Students (in Japanese)|
Application Deadline: February 12, 2021.