Japanese Government (Mext) Scholarship 2020: Applications are now being received at the Embassy of Japan in applicant’s home country for the Japanese Government (Mext) Scholarship 2020 (for student teachers, teachers-in-training and professional teachers).
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international teachers who wish to conduct research on school education at designated Japanese universities as Teacher Training Students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program as follows. Its aim is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between the grantee’s country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government.
Scholarships to be taken at: Japan
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships/Training Scholarship Program.
Scholarship level: Students and professionals
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: Fully-Funded.
Subject Eligibility: Teachers in all subjects.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students.
Qualifications and Eligibility Conditions:
MEXT accepts applications from international students for study in Japan who satisfy the following qualifications and conditions.
(1) Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible. However, persons with dual nationality who hold Japanese nationality and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside of Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the other country and renounce their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan. The First Screening must be conducted at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the country of which the applicant chooses the nationality.
(2) Age: In principle, applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1985. Exceptions are limited to cases in which MEXT deems that the applicant could not apply within the eligible age limit due to the situation or circumstances of the applicant’s country (military service obligation, loss of educational opportunities due to disturbances of war, etc.). Personal circumstances (financial situation, family circumstances, state of health, circumstances related to applicant’s university or place of employment etc.) will not be considered for exceptions.
(3) Academic and Career Background: Applicants must be graduates of universities or teacher training schools and have worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or teacher training schools (excluding universities) in their home countries for a total period of five years or more as of October 1, 2020. In-service faculty members in a higher education institution are not eligible.
(4) Japanese Language Ability: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan. Applicants must also have the ability to do research and adapt to living in Japan.
(5) Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
(6) Arrival in Japan: In principle, applicants must be able to arrive in Japan by the designated period (usually September or October) between the day two weeks before the course starts and the starting date of the course. If the applicant cannot arrive in Japan during the specified period for personal reasons, travel expenses to Japan will not be paid. Excluding cases in which MEXT deems as unavoidable circumstances, the applicant must withdraw from this scholarship program if the applicant cannot arrive in Japan by the end of the specified period above which decided by MEXT or the accepting university.
The scholarship period is the necessary period for the completion of the accepting university’s training course, which should be between October 2020 (or the starting month of the course) and March 2022. Extension of the scholarship period is not permitted.
Scholarship Value and Benefits:
The Scholarship is fully-funded and will cover an allowance of 143,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions. Educational fees and Travel Expenses will also be covered by the scholarship.
Application Procedures for the Japanese Government (Mext) Scholarship 2020 – How to Apply:
|To begin application for the Japanese Government Mext Scholarship for International Students, please read;
Important Information for 2020 MEXT Teachers Training scholarship applicants For further details of the application guidelines and download the application forms, please visit the website below.
https://www.studyinjapan.go.jp/en/smap_stopj-applications_teacher.htmlThe list of Course Guide of TEACHER TRAINING STUDENTS PROGRAM 2020:
Note: Please read the Guidelines carefully.
The Embassy of Japan will inform successful applicants whom application has passed the first screening, as well as time, date of examination & interviews.
|All application documents must be fully completed upon submission to the Embassy of Japan, before the deadline|
Application Deadline: Awarded Annually