International Velux Award for Architecture Students in Germany, 2020 is open to international students of Architecture to enrol and be trained by world-class scholars. The scholarship seeks to encourage and challenge students in the field of architecture to discover the theme of daylight- and to have a deeper understanding of the detailed and ever- important source of energy, light and life. The aim of the scholarship is to promote academic and professional excellence in completed study works. The award inspires projects of students who are willing and ready to explore the new technique of architecture by thinking out of the box in terms of sociological, social and environmental dimension of light.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): VELUX
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship level: €30,000
Subject Eligibility: Architecture
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for international students
You may also apply for: International Students funding Awards 2019/2020 to Study in Frankfurt, Germany
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Applicants for the International VELUX Scholarship for Architecture students in Germany should be registered students of architecture-individual or team all over the world. The award encourages applicants to engage in multi-disciplinary research including engineering, design and landscaping. An Applicant must be recommended by a tutor from an architectural school.
- Applicants are to know that the award is open to individuals or group of students engaged in a project during the 2019/2020 academic session.
- There is no limitation of application entries by participating schools. However the participating schools should ensure the quality of submitted study projects. Staffs of VELUX are not eligible to participate.
Application Procedure for the International Velux Award for Architecture Students in Germany, 2020
- All applications are done online.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply before the scholarship deadline
- Applicants are also encouraged to attach relevant supporting documents during the online application.
Other important information:
- Applicants should note that they can only submit digital projects and the submission is done by the applicant who has registered.
- Evaluation of the application is done online using the digital project submitted.
- Applicants are to submit one image file depicting the applicant’s project.
- A detailed description of the project not exceeding 800 words in English language.
- Winners will be announced and informed directly after the meeting of the jury in June, 2020.
- All submitted projects will be displayed after the announcement of the winners.
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2020.