Government of Mauritius Scholarships 2021/22: Applications are now being received from suitably qualified students from African States wishing to study on full scholarship in selected universities in Mauritius. Scholarships cut across all level of education.
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the scholarship also covers a return airfare by the most economical route.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Mauritius.
Scholarships to be taken at: Universities in Mauritius.
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth/Allowance: Amount not stated, please see scholarships benefits.
Subject Eligibility: All subject and research areas.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: African Students.
Also Check: Australia Awards Scholarships for Africans
Government of Mauritius Scholarships 2021/22 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The criteria of eligibility for the three study level are as follows
- Applicants for the must be African Union member countries.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2021.
- For undergraduate programmes: applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- For Master’s programmes: applicants should not have reached 35 years and,
- For PhD programmes: applicants should not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
The Government of Mauritius Scholarship Program 2021/22 will contribute to;
- The students’ full tuition fees
- living expenses during their studies in Mauritius
- airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered.
- Please see full funding details at the official scholarship page (link below).
- Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship for Foreign Students
- Chinese Government Scholarship Scheme for International Students
- Application Form: The Government of Mauritius Scholarships application form obtainable from the following websites (http://ministry-education.govmu.org and http://highereducationmauritius.com) must be filled in electronically, printed and then signed.
- Application Submission: Applicants must submit the completed Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Application Form along with documents as per the Checklist (Section 7 – please refer here ) to their respective Nominating Agencies.
- Application to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs): All applicants must have already applied for at least one full-time on-campus Masters’ programme at one of the public HEIs listed in the introduction. This application must be made as soon as the HEIs have opened their application windows on their respective websites.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2021