Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021-2022: Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces and wish to invite applications from suitably qualified students from the foreign countries for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship to be awarded the Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2021 / 2022 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
- Politeknik Brunei (PB).
Scholarships Sponsor(s): Government of Brunei
Scholarships to be taken at: Selected Higher institutions
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Slots: Not Stated.
Scholarship Worth: Please see scholarship value and benefits within
Subject Eligibility: All subjects and research areas.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Foreign students to include students from the ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021-2022 | ELIGIBILITY
To apply for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021/22 for foreign students, the following eligibility conditions must be met;
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31stJuly 2021.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- Romanian Government Scholarships 2021/2022 for Foreign Citizens
- University of Canada West Scholarships 2021 for International Students
Scholarship Value and Benefits
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
i) exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
ii) an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
iii) a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
iv) a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
v) an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
vi) accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
vii) baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
viii) comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021/22 can download application forms from the following link:
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: applyBDGS2021@mfa.gov.bn
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/
Application Deadline: 15 February 2021.