Eni Postgraduate Scholarships for African Students, 2020: The 2020 Eni postgraduate scholarship is open for application to deserving and qualified African students. Eni, an international integrated energy company in partnership with St. Antony’s College, University of Oxford is offering African students the opportunity to study in a fully-funded postgraduate degree for the 2020/21 academic session. The scholarship will provide encouragement and where possible, an incentive for Eni scholars to continue their academic career through further studies or find suitable employment back in their home nation after completing their studies at Oxford. The scholarships will be awarded to students based on academic merit, potential and financial need. Applicants are to note that preferences will be accorded to those with clear goals to use the knowledge gained to benefit their home country.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Eni/ St. Antony’s College
Scholarship to be taken at: University of Oxford, UK
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Scholarship level: Postgraduate studies
Scholarship Worth: 100% university and college fees, annual grant of up to £14,553, One economy return airfare to and fro home country.
Subject Eligibility: MSc African Studies, MSc Economic and Social History, MSc Economics for Development, MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students from Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria, Republic of Congo (Congo Brazzaville).
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Eni Postgraduate Scholarships for African Students, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be full-time students from the eligible countries willing to study at St. Antony’s College, University of Oxford.
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in relevant course required for admission into the eligible courses at the University of Oxford.
- Applicants must ensure that they meet the English language requirements for entry to the desired course as required by the University of Oxford.
- Applicants are to note that preferences will be given to those whose first degree was obtained from an African University.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country and contribute to the development of their countries.
- Fully-Funded Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships Award 2020 to Study in UK
- PhD Scholarship at University of Oxford Transport Studies Unit, 2020/2021
Application Procedure for the Eni Postgraduate Scholarships for African Students, 2020
Applicants are to apply online to the University of Oxford for one of the eligible courses as listed above. Applicants must ensure that they submit their application for graduate study to the University before the application deadline depending on the programme of study. It would help if applicants select St. Antony’s College in the college choice section of the application form, although it is not compulsory.
Once application for admission has been submitted to the University, applicants are to complete the online Eni Scholarship application form.
Application Deadline: 9th March, 2020