DAAD In-Country / In-Region Scholarships for Africans at Hawassa University: The Hawassa University in Ethiopia is accepting application from suitably qualified candidates for the 2020 DAAD In-Country / In-Region Scholarships for a full-time master’s or doctoral degree study program aimed at African students.
The programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD.
Scholarships to be taken at: Hawassa University, Ethiopia.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded to include cost of tuition/academic fees, Study and research allowance, Printing allowance, Monthly Scholarship, Travel allowance, Health Insurance.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Sub-Saharan African Students.
Apply Also For:
- DAAD Masters Scholarships 2020-21 at Busitema University (Full-Funded)
- Fully-Funded Mastercard Foundation (Sciences Po) Scholarships 2020/2021 to study in France
- University of Ghana 2019/2020 Postgraduate Scholarships for African Students
General Eligibility Criteria
- Sub-Saharan African country students can apply for this application.
- The sponsorship will be awarded in any master program offered by the university.
- Students must have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division) clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- Students must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants should generally be a staff member of a public or private university,
- Candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme
- English Language Requirement: Candidates must have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction.
Application Procedures for the DAAD In-Country / In-Region Scholarships for Africans at Hawassa University – How-to-Apply:
To be part of this scholarship opportunity, applicants are required to apply for their studies at Hawassa University using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. Once you submit your application to Hawassa University, you will also need to send a short notification to DAAD that you have applied with the subject “Your Surname_First Name_Hawassa” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting Documents: As part of your application, you will be required to submit a Hand signed curriculum vitae, Letter of motivation, 1 Recommendation letter, Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts, Letter of admission, Copy of the identity card.